Minutes of meeting 9th January

NLCC Minutes, Thursday 9th January 2020 (Adopted on 06/02/20)

  1. Present

Dave Wrigglesworth, Lisa Glaze, Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Ann Marie Cameron

  • Apologies

Andrew Baxter

  • Adoption of Previous Minutes:  proposed CC, seconded AMC – amendment re HC Standing Orders, Youth CC Members
  • Matters Arising:  (i) LG difficulty updating bank account signatories – advised to amend online, but no facility available for CC account ­– AMC will visit RBS (Monday 13th). (ii) IJ waiting on response from Emma Taylor re HC Ward Discretionary Fund – IJ to follow up.
  • Treasurer’s Statement: £1228.41 in bank
  • Correspondence:  BEAR are to sweep cycleway pre-tourist season – one-off funding from SUSTRANS. There will be a future discussion over sweeping responsibilities (BEAR, HC, SUSTRANS) – date tbc.
  • New HC Standing Orders (CC youth members, associate membership, Vice-Chair): CC supportive of youth member as 7th member – AMC to write FB post to encourage a NL resident to come forward. Associate Membership to be dealt with as it arises. DW elected Vice-chair (proposed IJ, seconded LG)
  • Oak Cottage corner – cars leaving A82/ Cable drums in burn by Old Schoolhouse – flooding A82:  – IJ to write re general surface/maintenance history to Transport Minister cc MSP, MP, HC Councillors, BEAR, Lochaber Times, P&J – detailing 2010 resurfacing concerns, vehicle numbers leaving the carriageway, proliferation of potholes, subsidence along road edge, history of poor repairs to culverts, flooding, lack of checking drainage to pre-empt flooding
  • AOB: (i) (AMC) Pod at Creag Mhor boathouse, concern with access and flooding adjacent to access on A82 – AMC to write to Planning Officer expressing concern. (ii) (DW) Glenmorvern Pier access and shoreline access – DW to ask for update from HC Access Officer. (iii) (AMC) Hydroplan scheme at Inchree – CC to request detail of community payback. (iv) (CC) vigilance needed over field gates to prevent roaming cattle.
  1. Meeting closes:  8.30pm
  1. Next meeting date: Thursday 6th February 2020

ACTION POINTS:

Item 4. – AMC will visit RBS

Item 7. – AMC to write FB post to encourage a NL resident to come forward

Item 8. – IJ to write to Transport Minister et al

Item 9. – (i) AMC to write to Planning Officer expressing concern

    (ii) DW to ask for update from HC Access Officer

    (iii) CC to request detail of community payback

Leave a Reply