NLCC Minutes, Thursday 6th February 2020
- Present Ann Marie Cameron, Iain Jenner, Karl Spierling, Dave Wrigglesworth, Andrew Baxter, Colin Campbell
- Adoption of Previous Minutes: proposed CC, seconded AMC
- Matters Arising:
- (i) AMC has visited RBS – has instructions + pdf download for updating account signatories,
- (ii) IJ has had a response from Transport Scotland (appended) – to respond identifying lack of speed reduction signs, and to question whether 40mph is appropriate if the carriageway is not fit for purpose,
- (iii) DW still waiting for a response from HC Access Officer – AB to refer Glenmorven issue on to HC Access Forum,
- (iv) CC – ongoing attempt to find out about Hydroplan (Inchree) Community Payback
- Treasurer’s Statement: £1144.41
- (i) TS response (above);
- (ii) SUSTRANS (Lucy Clarke) – NCN78 to be swept by BEAR in March 2020;
- (iii) Ballachulish Patient/Practitioners Group to take over ongoing maintenance of three area community defibrillators;
- (iv) BEAR to undertake resurfacing at Oak Cottage (11th/12th Feb), B863 to north of Creag Mhor (8th – 16th March), North/South Ballachulish Bridge (17th – 23rd March).
- (i) Old boathouse foundations in Onich Bay damaged by storm tide – debris inside needs to be extracted to a skip; neighbouring landowner Kevin Barry is offering to assist removal (DW), NLCA has already planned to extract this as an activity, and HC can provide a skip.
- (ii) (DW) Onich Bay access ramp to shore has been undercut by storm tides – is this Onich Common Grazings responsibility/property?
- (iii) (DW) Culvert exposed midway between ramp and Onich Hotel – 4/5 feet deep, full of seaweed.
- (iv) (CC) Access issues to Achnalea due to (twice daily) parking congestion at St. Brides School.
- Meeting closes: 8.26pm.
- Next meeting date: Thursday 5th March, 2020.
- IJ to respond to TS to question whether 40mph appropriate given the carriageway consistently being unfit for purpose.
- AB to forward Glenmorvern issues to HC Access Forum.
- CC to continue pursuing a response from Hydroplan.
- DW to monitor state of Onich Bay for storm damage, and investigate ownership/responsibilities.