Minutes of inaugural meeting of the Inchree Steering Group 11th July 2019

Present:  Elaine Cameron, Chaela Carrell, Lisa Glaze, Iain Jenner, Jill Morrow, Steve Morrow, Dougie Pryce, Karl Spierling,

1          Apologies: Gordon MacIntyre, Zuza Pryce,

2          Minutes from last meeting

            Proposed:  Iain Jenner, Seconded: Steve Morrow

3          Election of officers:

            Chair:                          Karl Spierling

            Secretary:                   Elaine Cameron

            Minutes secretary:      Jill Morrow

            Treasurer:                   Not needed just now as part of NLCA

            Social media posts:     Lisa Glaze

4          Forestry Buildings

            Initial focus is on the Hub.

            IJ sent a document to CM with the group’s thoughts about the future of the barns.

            CM out of office until 15th July.  Copied to Andrew Baxter

            Personalised OS map showing Inchree settlement and Glen Righ Forest.

            Action

            EC to look into getting a paper copy and a digital copy.  NLCA to fund this.

            CM wants a meeting soon.  A representative from FLS is in the area on 25th July.

            Action

            LG to provisionally book the village hall for that evening.

            IJ to contact Gary Servant, John MacDonald, Andrew Baxter, Neil MacLean, Kate Forbes

5          Funding

            Target HIE for feasibility study. SLF for acquisition.  Other sources e.g. National Lottery for          renovation.

            Renovation costs 50% more than a new build.  Initially need to make the shell secure.                   Need 3 tenders.                      

            Action

            KS to speak to John MacDonald re funding for feasibility study.

            Get forms 

            Action

            CC to complete forms.

            Target end of August to get forms in.

            Action

            IJ to approach David Mee (architect) to see if he is interested in getting involved.

6          Planning

            Susan MacMillan (Fort William) has a remit to help community groups.

            The group can submit a pre-application for £40 and get advice before final submission.

            Once permission is granted there is 3 years to implement.

7          The Fields

            Action

            EC to contact Fiona Sorley LHA to arrange a meeting

            Action

            IJ to contact Kathy Mayne (SNH) who is an independent ecologist.

8          AOB

            Action

            LG to put notice of meetings and minutes on NLCC and NLCA websites. 

            Also posts on   Face Book

            Voluntary hours

            Action

            EC and JM to count up hours from meetings and the Open Day.

            Each person responsible for submitting individual hours to EC.

            Meeting closed at 8:30

            Next meeting 8th August Village Hall at 7:00pm

Minutes of AGM and meeting 04/07/19 – adopted 05/09/19

Present –Iain Jenner (IJ),  Colin Campbell (CC), Ann Marie Cameron (AM)  , Karl Spierling (KS)

Apologies –Lisa Glaze Stewart Livingston (SL) Cllr Andrew Baxter Dave Wrigglesworth (DW)  

Also present- Mr & Mrs Morrow, Mrs Elaine Cameron,  Nicola Mair and Chaela Carrell

Meeting opened with annual AGM.

Chair Report –  IJ thanks all present and felt this year has been a successful one.  The creation of the Association and the works carried out has been a real positive link within the village, and the NLCA has over 50 members and a strong committee.  Notable progress being made with plans to buy the land at Inchree.

Fewer meetings due to not being able to have a quorum.  As elections will be due it is hoped we can encourage locals to become involved in NLCC.

We are still pressing forward re road safety (speed limits and maintenance) and maintain support of our scenic area.

We put submissions in to the Highland & Island Development plans along with the other ccs in South Lochaber but all appear to have been sidelined.

Negatives are the apathy received from planning and transport authorities.

Treasurer report;  given by CC.  Financial report given and explained.  Due to loss of grant amount we were only able to offer donations to 3 local groups but will not be able to offer anything further.  Report was proposed for adoption by IJ and seconded by AM, all agreed

IJ then asked for all office bearers to stand down and proposed all be re-elected to office – all agreed

Chair – Iain Jenner

Secretary – Ann Marie Cameron

Treasurer – Colin Campbell

As Stewart Livingston was not present he was not reinstated to Vice-Chair but will be asked at next meeting.

AGM closed 740pm

June minutes – proposed by CC and 2nd by KS

MATTERS ARISING;

Old Cemetery – Awaiting update when SL back

Schools options-  2 part campus has been set – awaiting news of who head teacher will be but concerns over PSA posts.

Bus Timetable – Oban/Fw –  AM to as for updated timetables to be situated

AOB;

Bin at Cuilchenna junction –   reply from HC refuse dept –  restricted lid not suitable as they have found bags and refuse are just left at the base.  They will say POO ONLY

WEB SITE BILL – invoice from GRAPL,  AM will deal and was given a cheque

Noticeboards – need replacing.  IJ and SL have made 1 and hope to make the rest.  CC to gather prices so AM can submit an application for grant from HC.  KS offered workshop space if needed.

FLOWER SHOW ;  will be held in September, AM will be in touch nearer the time for some help to get tables over and for setting up.

Meeting closed .

NEXT  MEETING – THURSDAY 5th SEPTEMBER