Update on COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP

Following the resignation of both Nicola Mair and Jennifer Jarl, at the meeting on Thursday 6th June 2019, a new community councillor was adopted

KARL SPIERLING, INCHREE HOUSE, INCHREE

Members are delighted to welcome Karl in joining us and look forward to working with us.

minutes – 6th June 2019 (adopted 04/07/19)

NETHER LOCHABER COMMUNITY COUNCIL
6th June 2019
Present –Iain Jenner (IJ), Colin Campbell (CC), Ann Marie Cameron (AM) , Dave Wrigglesworth (DW) Karl Spierling (KS)
Apologies –Lisa Glaze Stewart Livingston (SL) Cllr Andrew Baxter
Also present- Gordon MacIntyre Nicola Mair

Although NLCC have attempted to hold meetings in April and May, due to apologies a quorum was not in attendance at either meeting so minutes for April meeting were not adopted until this meeting

April minutes – proposed by CC and 2nd by AM

MATTERS ARISING;
Old Cemetery – HC are prepared to transfer ownership to NLCA – this requires a change in constitution of NLCA – meeting has been arranged to discuss and hopefully adopt these changes.

Schools options- Agreement has now been reached for the 2+2 option. Next step will be appointing head teacher following Mrs MacDonald retirement and then classes will find out who their teacher is.

Bus Timetable – Oban/Fw – the timetables shown in bus shelter at Kinlochleven road end are wrong. Gordon had to stand for some time till the correct bus arrived. AM to as for updated timetables to be situated

Woodlands new build- no further info but septic tank may be needed.

AOB;
CO-OPT NEW MEMBER – as we have a quorum IJ asked members to consider the adoption of KARL SPIERLING as a community councillor. Although elections will be held later in the year, following the resignations of both Nicola Mair and Jennifer Jarl, we need another face to keep us strong. SL due to work commitments offshore has to miss some meeting which is out of his hands. All Comm Cllrs present – DW-CC-AM – agreed unanimously for KS to join us and AM will update Highland Council and the website.

AGM – Am advises the financial paperwork is being audited and we will hold the AGM on Thursday 4th July – AM will put this in FB and contact press.

Elections – IJ gave a short presentation on the importance of NL maintaining it’s community council and feels that we need to have more parents involved, although we need 5 members to be solvent our max. Is 7. Proposing at next meeting – HOW TO PROMOTE NLCC MEMBERSHIP

Transport Scotland reply – DW has had reply re speed laminations and state of cycle path. Luminated signs rejected – not enough serious accidents from stats they use. Re cyclepath they (Bear) state they are not responsible for upkeep and we should pass to Highland Council BUT we are aware of paperwork stating that BEAR are responsible. NLCC to get copy of this information to pass on.

Bin at Cuilchenna junction – we are back to the issue of this bin overflowing and causing distress to residents. The bin was erected following representation about the amount of dog poo being left on the route to the shore and surrounding area. With the pin in position the problem was sorted. Last year and again this year, we have had complaints from residents as this bin is being used but tourists and when bin full bags are being left at the grass verge.
AM to contact HC Refuse and ask for a restricted lid and AM will make notices informing bin is for POO BAGS ONLY. – AM TO CONTACT REFUSE DEPT

CC review – Is ongoing

A82 Gollanfield junction – CC concerned re road surfacing – breaking up again

Onich Hotel – Am has been asked to raise concern re soil stretching to shore line. Concern that this will be washed into the bay at high tide. It appears SNH and Marine Scotland may already be involved as this area is a recognised SSSI.

Meeting closed .

NEXT MEETING – THURSDAY 4th July with agm