Minutes from meeting held on 1st June 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair, Stuart Livingston, Lisa Glaze
(minute sec),

Also Neil Slinger, Clare Slinger, Andrew Baxter(late)

Apologies AnnMarie Cameron

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed SL Seconded CC

Matters Arising
Byre at Old Town – SL Historic Scotland have declined to list
IJ to discuss with Gordon MacIntyre an approach to the owner to gauge interest in passing
on to the community
SL to write to Carn Mor who may be interested

Defibrillator
iPad is ordered, case has arrived. Cheque for £380 to be given to Alan Knox
Community Association has been asked to organise painting of phone box.
NM to ask Neil Malcolm to do electrics

SUSTRANS is to ask Transport Scotland about flower baskets on railings
CA has sent list for funding application. Gleaner Picnic Site – Loch Eil estates have given consent
AMC to ask HC for a dog waste bin
The Community Association may supply a combination poo bag dispenser and bin.

Special Area of Conservation
The drop,in afternoon at the village hall had a good turnout from the crofting community

ASLCC
IJ attended on 23/5/2017
IJ has written a letter about the sewage system and provision onsite for future
developments which will be forwarded to HC in due course.

COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
SL to ask Alan Ward about ownership of strip of land below St Brides.

Overgrown vegetation
Bear has informed the landowner who has dealt with the problem. To be monitored.
IJ will ask John Wrigley if the dangerous overhanging oak branch can be removed
when the road is closed to put in cycleway bridge.

CORRESPONDENCE
1. All Round Signs have quoted over £3000 for 2 replacement notice boards, two other
similar quotes have been received.
TREASURERS STATEMENT – £1231.93 in account.

A82 Summit
This is to be held on 23/6/2017 in Crianlarich. Two reps from the 9 Lochaber
CC’s will be going. There will be a joint statement for upgrading and each cc
will submit a letter outlining their concerns to be handed to the minister.
IJ will write including visibility/speed/resurfacing/traffic volumes and
our support for expanding sea/rail and in the long term a new route
avoiding Onich.
To be distributed before the meeting for consultation.

Creag Mhor Graveyard
No response to enquiry about Community taking it over.
SL to write to Dot Ferguson and speak to Malcolm Kinnear.
AB to speak to Debbie Sutton Amenities Manager.
SL to speak to AMC with reference to Innis an Bhirlin insurance requirements etc.

Inchree
A Public Meeting has been advertised for 24/6/2017. AB will chair from
3-4.30. The Four Seasons will be open from 1.30 with info and maps. The
forestry commission, Lochaber housing association and Kate Forbes have
been invited. IJ to compile leaflet – Monday 5/6/2017 CA to meet and compile questions. To be printed at
Printsmith, put online and delivered to each household.

AOB
Community Association weekend activity is beachclean at Onich Bay 10am 4/6/2017

INCHREE CC to cut grass if his farmers insurance covers it.

BUSES to Oban have been cut.
AB to meet meet with bus companies

SL to phone BT about cable drum in burn

IJ to write to FC about funding for a feasibility study into proposals
Hydro the developer for the proposed Hydro scheme in Inchree is pulling out. Options are
1. FC develops with stake for the community
2. Another developer to build with community
Completion has to be by September 2018
Meeting closed 9.23pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 6 JULY 2017 7pm
VILLAGE HALL MEETING 6.30pm

Leave a Comment