Minutes of meeting 10th January 2019

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 10 January 2019
Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Dave Wrigglesworth, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),
Also Nicola Mair, Andrew Baxter
Apologies Stewart Livingston , Stewart Livingston, Cllr McLean
Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded AMC
Matters Arising
Creag Mhòr cemetery
Search fee has been paid
CC Review
The changes proposed at the review to be sent to HC on 17/1
Speed Limits
The speed limit at North Ballachulish is to drop to 30mph subject to approval at Area Committee meeting on 24/1
AB to ask Pauline Donaldson about costing gateway signage
Schools Reorganisation
There is a meeting at St Brides PS 16/1 AMC available to attend
Beach Clean
CC to remove rubbish from beach and email AMC to inform HC
Police
A new officer has been appointed to Glencoe
Sgt A Cooper has sent a letter to confirm NM as liaison officer and explaining her role. There is now a CC vacancy as NM has stepped down due to conflict with liaison role.
Water tank
IJ to send letter expressing community interest
Cross cottage
IJ sent letter of objections on 29/10/18
Forestry Commission
Still no reply about fly tipping at Inchree
Barn beside sewage works
IJ to contact S MacMillan as site has not been cleared
TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1040.50 with £24 cheque outstanding
CORRESPONDENCE
1. Cycle path Harvey Caplan has replied. BEAR to deal with overgrown vegetation. Their operating companies should clear debris from collisions if informed by police. He believes HC responsible for sweeping (wrongly)
AB to take the reply to HC
2. Cllr McLean has asked for opinions on a bridge at Corran:
-Large bridge to cope with shipping and cruise ships
-Tunnel would be less intrusive
-AB has council approval for a STAG appraisal by Hi Trans for a fixed link crossing
-Barrage idea producing power from the tidal flow
-Tunnel or bridge to be sited at Fort William, not Corran
-Community buyout of ferry
LG to copy list to AMC for reply
3. AMC to contact HC again, bus timetables required for Cuilcheanna and defibrillator sign for shoreside bus shelter
AOB
1. ‘Scare’ children in use in other villages. To be discussed next month
2. High tides have scoured under concrete at Onich Bay
IIJ to take to CA
3. Sustrans liability for Cycleway only 99 years
4. SL has passed on the information from M Kinnear
AB to chase
5. Fort William 2040 meeting in Ballachulish. It was felt that planners had edited submissions including a tunnel at Rannoch. Consensus that transport needs to be prioritised before development. Water supply was also raised.
Meeting closed at 8.40pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 7 February 7pm
Village Hall meeting 6.30

Leave a Reply