Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 7 February 2019
Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Dave Wrigglesworth, Stewart Livingston, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),
Also , Andrew Baxter , Gordon MacIntyre
Apologies Nicola Mair
Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed AMC Seconded IJ
Creag Mhòr cemetery
CC to ask villagers for support and suggestions re community acquisition
NLCA to discuss liability insurance
SL to complete paperwork
GM to send SL SCIO number (Community Association)
AMC to print off and put notices on public noticeboard at school and filling station
AMC attended the meeting and had minutes.
St Brides is to be partnered with Glencoe.
Next meeting 27 February AMC to attend
AMC to inform HC rubbish awaiting collection
A new officer has been appointed to Glencoe and has now started
GM to find address for IJ to send letter expressing community interest
Planning in principle has been granted. There was some confusion as to location
IJ to send planning reference number to AB
Laura Carpenter will send copies to be laminated and put inside bus shelters. Posters are OK if removed and the go ahead was given for the defibrillater sign
DW to ask where speed monitoring took place and why a VAZ sign is not being taken seriously when so many motorists were exceeding 40mph
AMC to send a letter to organisations who no longer receive a donation
1. BBC Alba are looking for community events and news
1. No date yet for road closure at Croft 5 to connect water/sewage
There is a strong smell of sewage in the burn crossing the beach at Onich Bay
2. CC asked if Highland Council had formulated a Brexit policy
3. Photos of the condition of the road have been collected and are to be put on the website and FB
4. Jennifer Jarl handed in her resignation as she is now on the Board of the Community Association . She was thanked for her contribution over the years by the chair. There are now two council vacancies.
5. Concern was noted about rubbish collecting on the Cycleway and water continuously running across it at Creag Mhor
6. Marlyn MacDonald was supportive of creating additional parking at the school from the end of the playing field.
AAB to follow up
IJ to write a letter with MMs consent
7. AMC to advertise the Priority Service Register on website
IJ to get pamphlets
8. Dial 105 is a little known service which logs your location and notify SSE in the event of a power failure.
9. The Community Service Criminal Justice team will build the new CC noticeboard s if given a template.
IJ to contact
CC to enquire about a discount on slates
10. IJ enquired as to expansion and parking at Innis na Bhuilin cemetery
Meeting closed at 8.30pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 7 March 7pm
Adopted 7th March