Munites of meeting 1st October 2020

Digital VC meeting owing to lockdown conditions.

  1. Present:  Ann Marie Cameron, Iain Jenner, Lisa Glaze, Dave Wrigglesworth, Jo Cowan, Nicola Mair, Karl Spierling, Andrew Baxter
  • Apologies: none submitted
  • Adoption of Previous Minutes:  DW proposed, KS seconded
  • Matters Arising:
  • AMC re communications relating to Glen Righ hydro – ongoing;
    • DW has received a reply from SNH (NatureScot) re Onich Bay – very disappointing showing a lack of willingness to engage with the issues of concern (erosion, damage to SSSI, concrete debris). DW feels a larger group is needed to discuss how to proceed before involving further parties (Don Michie & Bidwells) for advice/support;
    • IJ to resend letters re encroaching hedges on NCN78, as AMC cannot trace the email:
    • LG to paint Cuilcheanna dog waste bin – ongoing;
    • LG to continue replenishing resilience group food supplies at the village hall.
  • Treasurer’s Statement: £4784.72 – £200+ cheques paid out to cash imminently
  • Correspondence: emails – (i) HIE have now sent links to apply for recovery and infrastructure funding: current CC resilience underspend to be used for recovery projects we can identify; (ii) HC have sent a reminder of a BT consultation for removing old (underused) payphones in Highlands; (iii) planning update – Neil Johnston has proposed installation of trellis screening at his self-catering cabin (Old Town) to remedy neighbour objections of over-looking
  • Agenda Items: no pressing agenda items.
  • AOB:
    • IJ raises concerns of resident George Macpherson who has recorded a significant broadband signal decline since fibre optic installation and acquiring a new (recommended) BT hub; NLCC to support GM’s approach to the ombudsman and contact Kate Forbes MSP; AB suggests GM be encouraged to also involve Ian Blackford MP.
    • JC updates that as of 29/09/20, Nevis Radio has added mast equipment on Glenachulish to improve local signal at 102.4FM
    • KS, in anticipation of community moves to improve visitor facilities,  updates that Portaloo costs for single chemical toilet costs approximately £100 per month with additional costs for emptying/additional tanks/servicing 
    • DW/JC indicate a new NHS Highland update has reported Covid-19 clusters at West Highland College and the Moorings Hotel in Fort William. Ab indicates there is no recorded community transmission, also that the earlier Kinlochleven cluster is now out of isolation
    • DW requests that issues at Onich Bay become an NLCA project; IJ to invite DW to next NLCA (digital) meeting.
  • Meeting closes:  8.54 pm
  1. Next meeting date: Thursday 5th November

ACTION POINTS:

  1. AMC to pursue Glen Righ hydro community payback
  2. LG to paint Cuilcheanna dog-waste bin
  3. LG to monitor/replenish resilience food supplies at village hall
  4. IJ to contact MSP re broadband issues

Leave a Comment