Minutes of meeting 6th July 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron Lisa Glaze (minute
sec),
Also Gordon MacIntyre
Apologies Stewart Livingston, Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded CC

The AGM was postponed until 7 September

Matters Arising

Byre at Old Town
New planning permission for a house on this site does not have as a condition, that the Byre be
retained
AMC to speak to planning officer and ask why stipulation to keep the Byrne has been
removed

Defibrillator
AMC to give defibrillator and paint to Lawson
IJ to contact Neil Malcolm and ask to install

SUSTRANS
The Community Association has received £5000 from SUSTRANS
Gleaner Picnic Site
AMC to ask HC for a dog waste bin

ASLCC
IJ has written a letter about the sewage system which will be forwarded to HC

COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
The strip of land below St Brides can be taken over, no residents object.
Overgrown vegetation
IJ will contact Phil Kearney to approach BEAR

A82 SUMMIT
Seven Community Council s submitted a letter to the minister for Transport who is to
respond in 30days.
An upgrade of the A82 between Tarbet and Inverarnan to be completed by 2025.
Margaret Davidson,HC, demanded something be done in Fort William/Lochaber.

CREAG MHOR GRAVEYARD
SL has completed initial application for community ownership

INCHREE
The public meeting was well attended and the plans for community ownership positive.
CC to cut fields insurance permitting
IJ to approach FC obout funding a feasibility study into proposals

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Bill from Printsmith CC to pay

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1028.91 in account.

AOB
A82 Colin’s Corner
Accidents are still occurring despite the new tarmac. Seymour McLeod are conducting a
survey.

Community Association is now a registered charity

Smokehouse in Glenelg owner is looking for premises in Nether Lochaber

Road Safety there is inconsistency throughout the village with regard to speed limits.
The next Road Safety Group meeting is in September.

CCto cut vegetation around Old Town bus shelter

Minutesof Community Council to be put on noticeboards in bus shelters.

Ward Discretionary Fund there have been problems with the form . Other funds that
could be accessed for funding for noticeboards include. Tesco Bags, Rotary Club. AMC to
apply

INCHREE
Next step is to establish a steering group. Probably in two parts
1. Buildings and FC land
2. Housing Association land.
Business plans to be developed and presented to the Community and then a ballot held to
access the Scottish Land Fund.

Meeting closed 8.44pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 7 September 2017 7pm

Leave a Comment