Minutes of meeting 5th October 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair Dave Wrigglesworth Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Andrew Baxter Kate Ward Diane Baum (Lochaber Fisheries Trust)

Apologies Ann Marie Cameron

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded NM

Matters Arising

Defibrillator

Now installed Lochaber Times to be contacted for photo shoot

NM to speak to D Duggan for training dates

Overgrown vegetation

No response from Phil Kearney

Vegetation at Old Town bus stop still to be cleared

INCHREE

There has been a first meeting of the steering group. 12 people attended

Road signs and repairs

IJ to write a formal letter to BEAR about issues

Noticeboards

IJ is looking into a possible self build solution. Self standing and positioned near benches at school and shop.

CORRESPONDENCE

Notice and map of the 20 is plenty scheme
Reasons for objecting to the fish farm expansion have been received from Davy Gunn (LDSFB)
Also Diane Baum (LFT)

TREASURERS STATEMENT


INCHREE STEERING GROUP

Response from Margaret Muir (Scottish Housing Assoc Highlands) acknowledging community interest in Inchree and asking for suggestions of alternative sites.

IJ to respond including

FC land near Innis an Bhirlinn, behind Four Seasons and opposite mausoleum
Morag MacIntosh field at Bunree
Hugo MacDonald Land at Callart(new houses)
4Seasons
The Glebe

A82

DW to look into making an official participation request under Section 3 of the Community Empowerment Act for the stretch through the village

Form to be sent round CC members and criteria listed at next meeting.

The new chair of the A82 partnership, Ben Thomson to be invited to a meeting.

Speed cameras and a flashing sign were suggested.

LOCHLEVEN FISHFARM

Andrew Baxter excluded himself from this discussion

Loch Leven fishfarm employees have previously outlined the plans for expansion and moves toward organic status.

Glencoe Community Council, National Trust, Lochaber Fisheries Board and Fisheries Trust have objected. Ballachulish CC is commenting on the application. The main objection is the impact on wild fish stocks, particularly in the River Coe.

Dian Baum spoke to the meeting about the concerns of Lochaber Fisheries Trust particularly the proliferation of sea lice.

IJ. To draw up a letter of concerns and put to CC

AOB

There is interest in the reinstatement of the curling rink at Inchree. Ownership to be investigated
There is concern over the confusion caused by our postcodes which lump North Ballachulish with Onich
There is to be a controlled burn on Cuilcheanna Hill
AB has asked for more information on the repairs being carried out on the Ballachulish bridge
IJ/AB to meet Ms Donaldson (roads) to discuss the speed limit on the Kinlochleven road.

Meeting closed 9.05pm

Date of next meeting THURSDAY 2 November 2017 7pm

Leave a Reply