Digital VC meeting owing to lockdown conditions, postponed
from 3rd September owing to lack of quorum.
- Present: Iain Jenner, Lisa Glaze, Dave Wrigglesworth, Jo Cowan, Nicola Mair, Karl Spierling
- Apologies: Ann Marie Cameron, NB: – Colin Campbell has now stood down from NLCC after serving since 2009
- Adoption of Previous Minutes: LG proposed, DW seconded
- Matters Arising: (i) AMC re communications relating to Glen Righ hydro – ongoing; (ii) DW has spoken with new owners at Camus Lodge re access steps to Onich Bay – very helpful and keen to work with NLCC – still no response from BEAR nor SNH, and DW still to approach Don Michie & Bidwells for advice/support; (iii) IJ compiled letters re encroaching hedges on NCN78, and AMC has signed these for distribution; (iv) LG to paint Cuilcheanna dog waste bin – ongoing; (v) LG has replenished resilience group food supplies at the village hall.
- Treasurer’s Statement: £4819.20 – Covid spend of £6173 to date
- Correspondence: emails – (i) HIE have communicated re imminent funding opportunities for resilience (recovery) projects up to £5000
- Agenda Items: no pressing agenda items.
- Long discussion re lack of campervan facilities in local area (KS) – can campervan owners pay (full) campsites for sceptic disposal?
- KS – update re valuation by District Valuer of Inchree Barn, this a requirement of Forest & Land Scotland to justify community transfer: DW asks about long term role of Vertical Descents, KS/IJ relate mutual aspiration that Vertical Descents become the community’s tenant
- JC –requests details and welcome message in newsletter for new headteacher at St. Brides
- DW – CC has now retired from NLCC – should we advertise NLCC vacancies in the newsletter? Should we try to include a ‘youth member’ from the community? Quorum agrees.
- Meeting closes: 9.01 pm
- Next meeting date: Thursday 1st October September
- AMC to write to CRF Hydro Power Ltd. Re community payback
- DW to consult Don Michie and Bidwells re access steps in Onich Bay
- LG to paint appropriate message on Cuilcheanna dog waste bin
- IJ/LG to produce Public Toilet advisory notices for community noticeboards – AMC to laminate – DW to distribute