Minutes of meeting 7th September 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron Nicola Mair Lisa
Glaze (minute sec),
Also Donald Stuart
Apologies Stewart Livingston, Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded AMC

Matters Arising

Byre at Old Town
AMC to speak to planning officer and ask why stipulation to keep the Byre has been
removed

Defibrillator
IJ to contact Neil Malcolm and ask to install
NM to approach D Duggan for training dates

Overgrown vegetation
IJ will contact Phil Kearney again

A82 SUMMIT
There has still been no response to the communities letter. A formal complaint may be
made to the Minister involved.

INCHREE
A document is being prepared for NFU Mutual to allow CC to cut the grass
IJ to approach FC obout funding a feasibility study into proposals

CORRESPONDENCE
1. A Q and A style document has been received about the new hospital proposed for
Fort William

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£863.81 in account.

AOB
Community Association to be asked to clear vegetation at Old Town bus stop
INCHREE
Target is to get steering groups up and running within two months.
Six people have already come forward, at least four more required.
IJ to contact people and convene an informal meeting before next CC meeting

Road signage and repairs
1. 20 is plenty is facing the wrong way at Cuilcheanna
2. Cruachan/Gollanfield corner has been patched but still causing problems. Stuart
McClean is collecting accident statistics
3. Strathlinne warning sign is unreadable
4. The drain at the old Byre is collapsing again
5. Flooding at Creag Mhor – there are now permanent rivers crossing the pavement
6. New signs to Old Town at St Brides are enormous, incorrectly spelt, obscured by trees,
are dangerously positioned, have no indication of distance and are causing drivers to
take the wrong turning
7. Turning onto the B863 from the A82 involves a confusing and rapid change in speed
limits. There is no indication on the trunk road of the proximity of a primary school.
NM to ask police to make checks between 4.30 and 5.30 in an unmarked car
8. Sustrans is to put up warning signs that the multi user path has very narrow sections.
9. Drain collapsing again outside Old Stores
10. NM to ask police about the moving of abnormal loads during the day

Village Show was very successful, thanks to Ann Marie and her team

Knotweed several areas are in need of treatment

Noticeboards at St Brides has no cover and is not useable for CC notices
IJ to speak to Dot Ferguson about the Discretionary Fund

A82 summit
Donald Stuart informed the meeting that the next steps in upgrading the A82 will be
Tarbert/Inverarnan, then Fort William and then Onich.
Ben Thomson is now chair of the A82 partnership

Meeting closed 9.10pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 5 OCTOBER 2017 7pm
VILLAGE HALL MEETING 6.30pm

Minutes of meeting 6th July 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron Lisa Glaze (minute
sec),
Also Gordon MacIntyre
Apologies Stewart Livingston, Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded CC

The AGM was postponed until 7 September

Matters Arising

Byre at Old Town
New planning permission for a house on this site does not have as a condition, that the Byre be
retained
AMC to speak to planning officer and ask why stipulation to keep the Byrne has been
removed

Defibrillator
AMC to give defibrillator and paint to Lawson
IJ to contact Neil Malcolm and ask to install

SUSTRANS
The Community Association has received £5000 from SUSTRANS
Gleaner Picnic Site
AMC to ask HC for a dog waste bin

ASLCC
IJ has written a letter about the sewage system which will be forwarded to HC

COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
The strip of land below St Brides can be taken over, no residents object.
Overgrown vegetation
IJ will contact Phil Kearney to approach BEAR

A82 SUMMIT
Seven Community Council s submitted a letter to the minister for Transport who is to
respond in 30days.
An upgrade of the A82 between Tarbet and Inverarnan to be completed by 2025.
Margaret Davidson,HC, demanded something be done in Fort William/Lochaber.

CREAG MHOR GRAVEYARD
SL has completed initial application for community ownership

INCHREE
The public meeting was well attended and the plans for community ownership positive.
CC to cut fields insurance permitting
IJ to approach FC obout funding a feasibility study into proposals

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Bill from Printsmith CC to pay

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1028.91 in account.

AOB
A82 Colin’s Corner
Accidents are still occurring despite the new tarmac. Seymour McLeod are conducting a
survey.

Community Association is now a registered charity

Smokehouse in Glenelg owner is looking for premises in Nether Lochaber

Road Safety there is inconsistency throughout the village with regard to speed limits.
The next Road Safety Group meeting is in September.

CCto cut vegetation around Old Town bus shelter

Minutesof Community Council to be put on noticeboards in bus shelters.

Ward Discretionary Fund there have been problems with the form . Other funds that
could be accessed for funding for noticeboards include. Tesco Bags, Rotary Club. AMC to
apply

INCHREE
Next step is to establish a steering group. Probably in two parts
1. Buildings and FC land
2. Housing Association land.
Business plans to be developed and presented to the Community and then a ballot held to
access the Scottish Land Fund.

Meeting closed 8.44pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 7 September 2017 7pm

Minutes from meeting held on 1st June 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair, Stuart Livingston, Lisa Glaze
(minute sec),

Also Neil Slinger, Clare Slinger, Andrew Baxter(late)

Apologies AnnMarie Cameron

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed SL Seconded CC

Matters Arising
Byre at Old Town – SL Historic Scotland have declined to list
IJ to discuss with Gordon MacIntyre an approach to the owner to gauge interest in passing
on to the community
SL to write to Carn Mor who may be interested

Defibrillator
iPad is ordered, case has arrived. Cheque for £380 to be given to Alan Knox
Community Association has been asked to organise painting of phone box.
NM to ask Neil Malcolm to do electrics

SUSTRANS is to ask Transport Scotland about flower baskets on railings
CA has sent list for funding application. Gleaner Picnic Site – Loch Eil estates have given consent
AMC to ask HC for a dog waste bin
The Community Association may supply a combination poo bag dispenser and bin.

Special Area of Conservation
The drop,in afternoon at the village hall had a good turnout from the crofting community

ASLCC
IJ attended on 23/5/2017
IJ has written a letter about the sewage system and provision onsite for future
developments which will be forwarded to HC in due course.

COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
SL to ask Alan Ward about ownership of strip of land below St Brides.

Overgrown vegetation
Bear has informed the landowner who has dealt with the problem. To be monitored.
IJ will ask John Wrigley if the dangerous overhanging oak branch can be removed
when the road is closed to put in cycleway bridge.

CORRESPONDENCE
1. All Round Signs have quoted over £3000 for 2 replacement notice boards, two other
similar quotes have been received.
TREASURERS STATEMENT – £1231.93 in account.

A82 Summit
This is to be held on 23/6/2017 in Crianlarich. Two reps from the 9 Lochaber
CC’s will be going. There will be a joint statement for upgrading and each cc
will submit a letter outlining their concerns to be handed to the minister.
IJ will write including visibility/speed/resurfacing/traffic volumes and
our support for expanding sea/rail and in the long term a new route
avoiding Onich.
To be distributed before the meeting for consultation.

Creag Mhor Graveyard
No response to enquiry about Community taking it over.
SL to write to Dot Ferguson and speak to Malcolm Kinnear.
AB to speak to Debbie Sutton Amenities Manager.
SL to speak to AMC with reference to Innis an Bhirlin insurance requirements etc.

Inchree
A Public Meeting has been advertised for 24/6/2017. AB will chair from
3-4.30. The Four Seasons will be open from 1.30 with info and maps. The
forestry commission, Lochaber housing association and Kate Forbes have
been invited. IJ to compile leaflet – Monday 5/6/2017 CA to meet and compile questions. To be printed at
Printsmith, put online and delivered to each household.

AOB
Community Association weekend activity is beachclean at Onich Bay 10am 4/6/2017

INCHREE CC to cut grass if his farmers insurance covers it.

BUSES to Oban have been cut.
AB to meet meet with bus companies

SL to phone BT about cable drum in burn

IJ to write to FC about funding for a feasibility study into proposals
Hydro the developer for the proposed Hydro scheme in Inchree is pulling out. Options are
1. FC develops with stake for the community
2. Another developer to build with community
Completion has to be by September 2018
Meeting closed 9.23pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 6 JULY 2017 7pm
VILLAGE HALL MEETING 6.30pm