Minutes – 7th July 2018

Present –Iain Jenner (IJ), Colin Campbell (CC), Ann Marie Cameron (AM) , Dave Wrigglesworth (DW) Nicola Mair (NM) Stewart Livingston (SL)
Apologies –Jennifer Jarl (JJ), Lisa Glaze Cllr Andrew Baxter
Also – Kate Ward, Linda MacLachlan

Minutes from June meeting – proposed by CC seconded by IJ

NLVH BUSINESS – Kate Ward present to hand over cheque to NLVH following the folding up of the Nether Lochaber Country Dancers bank account and club. Donation cheque was for £464.60 passed to AM for banking. Many thanks for this donation.

MATTERS ARISING;
COMMUNITY PAYBACK – NM has been in contact and they would be able to help out with cutting shrubs at hall and possibly to erect notice boards but would ask us toe make up a list – IJ interested – NM to pass contact number to IJ/AM

KATE FORBES – no reply – IJ to contact again and copy in press/BBC – IJ

Highland Council- request for bus timetable to be erected at Cuilchenna – also chase up new bus stop at Old Town – AM

NLCA NEXT DATE ; next project is tidy up at picnic site -08/07/18

Loch Leven Pods – Through planning. IJ has been in contact with press to provide more information.

Cycle way bridge – Inchree- in for planning

FC response – no reply as yet

AOB:

New Hospital visit – We had been due to have a rep from the working group attend and update us but due to resignation at NHS we have delayed this meeting. Request that a public meeting be held – AM TO CONTACT

DEFIB SIGNS – NM has delivered the signs. To be fixed up near the phone box. She has also noted the id ref number from the defib which are needed by Ambulance. AM to get quote for insuring defib.

TREASURER REPORT – £1164.42 – with 1 x cheque to clear for £65.39
Discussion re donations which we regularly do. Agreement that 2 x groups will receive money and on receipt of grant we will give the other 2 x groups their money. AM to deal.

Inchree – ongoing

Website – new/upgraded website is now active. NLCA will have a page also. IJ suggested having an archive section old photos and history items. This is following the success of the Memories weekend.

HYDRO PLAN INCHREE – no update – waiting got contact from FC – IJ/CC TO DEAL.

SCHOOL HEAD RETIRES– Susan Kemp has retired from St Brides, there is to be a School Cluster meeting on 4th Sept @ 730pm (where?)

AOB ;
BT WORKS – IJ has a letter from BT re fiber optic works onging through village. Letter has been stuffed under door at hall. This is to be followed up. AM to get letter and follow up.

Poo Bin @ Cuilchenna – there has been an issue with the overflowing poo bin at Cuilchenna . Appears to have been resolved with new bin and double collection but overflow is refuse and not poo bags so why are people using it.

SL – Old Cemetery – has been in touch with Highland council re asset transfer

Kate Ward – complaint re ‘new’ Old Town sign and the stress it is causing at this location. AM to contact Bear Manager and Copy in A82 partnership

Linda MacLachlan – Coronation trees – Linda states the trees need attention.. Nlcc have marker signs which need installed also. She was also concerned re the amount of water which still runs from the back of Quaryside lorries heading south.

1. IJ – Show schedule – to go on website
2. IJ – Website – some proposed changes to incorporate NLCA which Niall Blair will work on.
3. GPS APP – 3 words – this is an app which allocates 3 words to any GPS point anywher3e in the world with no two alike. Would be useful to emergency services. Can it be installed on website?
4. Sewage – Discussion re sewage outflows which are still going into Loch Leven as outflows from Dunbeg to Kinlochleven and from Upper Carnoch Glencoe and Invercoe areas exit to loch so water still effected but pollutants which was the main reason for the expansion at the bridge.

Meeting closed .

NO MEETING AUGUST
NEXT MEETING – THURSDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER

MINUTES OF MEETING -7TH JUNE 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Dave Wrigglesworth, Nicola Mair, Jennifer Jarl, Lisa
Glaze (minute sec),
Also
Apologies Ann Marie Cameron, Stewart Livingston, Andrew Baxter
Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded NM
Matters Arising
Noticeboards
NM to contact Community Payback Team to see if they would be able to
help
The project will continue later in the year when everyone has more time. Looking
for community volunteers.
Participation Request
IJ is awaiting a reply from Kate Forbes
Community Association
The formal opening of the picnic site was well attended.
Next activity day is Sunday 10 June- Cuilcheanna bus stop and memorial cross
LOCH LEVEN PODS
Will be coming up at planning next week.
BUS SERVICE
Shiel buses have the emergency contract to the end of August. 90% of services will
continue. The penultimate night bus and 44 service between 16.10 and 18.40 will not be
running. The tender for the new contract is out in July and will start in September.
IJ to send temporary timetable to website
Inchree Bridge and Cycleway
Bear has put in a planning application for the cycle track bridge
IJ to speak to SUSTRANS about camber on Ballachulish Bridge
Dangerous overhanging vegetation, loose gravel and dangerous parking are all issues.
NM suggested phoning 101 to report. It may be possible to continue the green line
around the Bayside corner.
JJ to photograph vehicles parking half on cycleway at the dangerous corner at
Bayside.
Composting Toilets
Ben Starkey has now installed toilets.
FC have not yet replied.
TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1,167.42 in bank
CORRESPONDENCE
AOB
1. A Rep will attend the meeting in July to discuss the new hospital
2. NM to collect new defibrillator signs
3. To comply with new data protection rules anyone named in minutes must be aware
and have given permission
4. AMC to draft a letter from Cc to all residents with vegetation overhanging the
cycleway asking them to cut it back as it is extremely hazardous to the public
5. JJ to speak to the Grazings clerk for permission to cut the grass at the cafe
6. 500 police officer s are to be trained in the use of tasers in the Highlands. IJ asked
NM To enquire over funding in light of funds being unavailable for an A82
investigation team. LG enquired as to whether officers attending the MTB World Cup
at Nevis Range were armed.
7. Fence at Bal Ur playpark has collapsed. NM has approached HC with no result. IJ
suggested sending a photo to the council and Lochaber Times.
8. Hydroplan has been investigating hydro power generation in Glen Righ. We have
not been notified of this, the developer may be prepared to come along and speak to
us. The F.C. will receive rent and the community would be eligible for 5% community
payback. If, at a later date, there is a community buyout of Inchree forest this would
include the rental revenue.
9. AMC to report fly tipping at Inchree bus shelter
10. There is a Highland Council consultation about communities taking over grass
cutting etc.
11. The headteacher at St Brides has announced her retirement. There is a meeting at
the school about future school management.
12. Inchree Forum: a suggestion to approach the Lochaber Housing Association for a
trial site to create allotments as a start was agreed. IJ to notify the steering group.
Meeting closed at 9pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 5 July 2018 7pm
VILLAGE HALL meeting 6.30pm

Minutes of a meeting held on 5 April 2018

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 5 April 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Dave Wrigglesworth, Ann Marie Cameron, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Gordon MacIntyre

Apologies Stewart Livingston , Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed DW Seconded AMC

Matters Arising

Road Safety
A Baxter notified by Pauline Donaldson of the traffic survey results. 85% of traffic is driving at the speed limit @40mph and, therefore, HC sees the B863 at N Ballachulish as unsuitable for a 30mph limit.
IJ to respond

Noticeboards
The first is now built and ready to be installed at the school.

Grant
The CC is itemising admin costs with a view to applying to the Discretionary Fund. To include hall rental and minute secretary.

Flashing Sign
AMC to write to Transport Scotland

Participation Request
IJ and DW to flesh out CC letter requesting participation in future A82 upgrade consultations in Nether Lochaber

Speakers
AMC to contact Jo Cowan

Tree opposite cafe
The tree officer has put an enforcement order on the workmen to adhere to protection put in place in planning consent

NLCA
The next activity day is 8April, working on the picnic site.

TREASURERS STATEMENT
There is £863.91 in the account

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Notification of Insurance with Zurich
2. Resilience funding is available from SSE
3. Planning submission from Loch Leven Hotel for camping pods. There has been a query over access.
4. Reminder to hold AGM date set – 7 June
5. Annual renewal from GRAPL (website)

AOB
1. Loch Leven Planning Application. Concerns include public access to road and capacity of the sewage system.
IJ to write comment to planning
2. Bus service – following the closure of their depot by Stagecoach the 44 service may be run on an emergency contract and drop to a 2 hourly service .
AB is proposing bike racks on buses and smaller buses that orbit the Loch.
3. A puddle is forming at the Church coming from a burn at the back.
IJ to inspect.

Meeting closed 8.40pm

Date of next meeting THURSDAY 3 April 2018 7pm
Village Hall meeting at 6.30pm

Minutes of Meeting 1st March 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Dave Wrigglesworth, Ann Marie Cameron, Nicola Mair, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Jo Cowan (Highland Senior Citizens Network), Andrew Baxter (Cllr.)
Apologies Stewart Livingston

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded NM

Matters Arising

INCHREE STEERING GROUP
Two representatives from Strontian community attended to talk about their progress, they emphasised communication as key. The potential to incorporate future meetings with Community Council meetings, alternating with the Village Hall Committee was considered.

Creag Mhor Cemetary
JJ to ask Neil Slinger to write to SL

SSE Emergency Power Cut Fund
IJ has sent an application

Flower and Produce Show
JJ and Elaine Cameron are delivering the schedule

Road Safety
NM to speak to Melanie Itze again
IJ waiting to hear from Pauline Donaldson about painting the bridge as you enter N Ballachulish white and putting up a ‘Welcome to North Ballachulish ‘ sign.

Defibrillator
The next training dates are 2 March am, and Tuesday 6 evening
AM to create a FB event and put on website

Noticeboards
Onich grazings have given their permission to put a Noticeboards near the shop.

Grant
The Community Council grant from Highland Council has been cut by approximately half. It consists of a fixed sum plus 13p per resident. Councillors are hoping to mitigate this,in some cases, by using the ward discretionary budget.

Treasurers Statement – The bank balance is £1167.42 of which £400 is to be distributed amongst local groups who will be informed that this donation may not continue.

CORRESPONDENCE – None

AOB
1. DW noted the presence of police speed operation s
2. The poor condition of the roads were noted. An enquiry has been received about sweeping the pavements, IJ has written to Kate Forbes, BEAR and Transport Scotland pointing out that Transport Scotland is responsible for the cycleway where it is adjacent to the A82.
AM has contacted BEAR about the puddle forming where the road drain has been covered with earth (Inchree)
3. Flashing signs to slow down traffic through the village have been suggested, the Trunk Road Authority would have to give permission, possibly also Highland Council
. NM to ask police for one
AB to write letter from HC
AMC to write to Transport Scotland asking for one at each end of the village.
4. IJ and DW to meet and flesh out the participation request.
5. Jo Cowan proposed that the Community Council invite the Communications team at the New Belford and the Community Partnership to come and speak at a future meeting.
6. AB to ask if a further dog bin could be installed near the Loch Leven slipway.
7. The Community Company is very short of members. It is possibly a vehicle which could be used by the Inchree steering group. The Companies House registration Incurs an annual fee.
LG to ask if the NLCA will cover this.
IJ to speak to Guy Daynes and Paul MacIntyre
Advertising and transparency were seen as key.
8. AB to speak to the tree officer for an assessment of the beech tree opposite the shop.
9. The Village Hall Committee have decided to pursue the building of a new hall after the partial survey by a structural engineer. It is currently safe but not in a good enough condition to renovate.
10. Contact details on the CC website are out of date and should include contact numbers.
11. Nether Lochaber Community Association ‘s next activity day is work on the picnic site at the Gleaner Garage.
12. A refrigerator has been thrown onto the beach at the new picnic site. Litter along the A82 is very bad at the moment and, it was noted, within the BEAR contract.
The fly tipping number to be put on the CC website
Jo Cowan to include litter in Lochaber Life. A publicity campaign could include posters. Meeting closed 8.45pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 5 April 2018 7pm
preceded by an Inchree Steering Group me

MINUTES OF MEETING – 1st February 2018

Minutes for Nether Lochaber Community council
1st of February 2018

Present: Iain Jenner, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair and Colin Campbell
Also: Steven MacIntyre and Andy martin
Apologies: Ann Marie Cameron, Stewart Livingston, Dave Wrigglesworth
Last meetings minutes, proposed by Colin Campbell and second by Nicola Mair

Matters Arising:

Inchree:
Inchree stearing group will meet at Village Hall on the 6th of Feb 2018 at 19.00 hours

Creag Mhor Cemetary:
S.L has contacted N.L.C.A. to see if they can take over Creag Mhor Cemetary ownership. He is waiting for a reply.

Emergency power out:
Jo Cowan sent a link to SSE SDF fund. Iain J has completed an application form and we have now applied for funds to upgrade toilet and kitchen and to put in showers and laundry in to the village hall in case of a power out.

A.O.B
1. Steve MacIntyre application manager – environment team and Andy Martin Site Manager (New Ronnie) came from Marine Harvest to talk about the planning that has been accepted for them to up the cages to 16 from 12. One of the constraints is that they have to put an environment group together to monitor the healt of the fish in our rivers and lochs. They will keep us updated.
2. Gorge burning
3. BT has not removed the cable drum from the burn at old school house. S.L will phone again.
4. A.S.L.C.C had a meeting on the 16th of January -18. Iain Jenner is writing an alternative rout proposal for A.S.L.C.C
5. Flower and produce show schedule is ready and to go out with N.L.C.A leaflets ASAP.
6. Colin Campbell is going to contact Kate Forbs about BEAR Scotland contract that is coming up for a renewal.
7.Melany Itze is going to be in touch with I.J to come down and discuss road safety at the school. B863.
8. DE fib course has been held by David Doughan in the Village hall. Nicola is going to ask if he can repeat it in February and she will try to advertise it a bit more with the assosiations help on FaceBook.
9. Colin Campbell is going to sort out the yearly donations with Ann Marie C.
10. Jennifer J. to phone Andrew MacMaster about fly tipping at Inchree, wades road.
11. Iain is going to see how much it would cost to put up gates at the entrance at Dunbeg coming in to the village.
12. Notice boards has been started and hopefully the new one will be in at the bench by the St.Brides primary school in March. Next one to be built will be the one at old post office and a third one at Village Hall.

Meeting closed at 20.40
Next meeting 1st of March 2018

Minutes of meeting 11th January 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Stewart Livingston
Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Jo Cowan (Highland Senior Citizens Network)

Apologies Ann Marie Cameron. Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded CC

Matters Arising
INCHREE
IJ to set a date either 30/1 or 6/2 for a formative meeting of the steering group.
Ronald MacIntyre, an original director of the Strontian buyout is to speak to the group

Ballachulish Bridge
The number of lights have been halved but they are brighter.
IJ has spoken to SUSTRANS and they are taking the matter of resurfacing forward.

Glenmorvern Pier
IJ to speak to Onich Hotel

Creag Mhor Cemetary
Community takeover to be handled by the Community Association

CORRESPONDENCE
1. SUSTRANS have sent pictures of the signs they are proposing at Corran Ferry re
safety
2. The draft letter to Transport Scotland was provided and will now be sent.
IJ to inform DW

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1302.84 in account including council grant of £744.96
RBS seem to have lost signatory forms so CC and IJ to redo. JJ and AMC still able to sign
cheques.

Jo Cowan – Highland Senior Citizens Network spoke to the meeting
Points covered included a Community Resilience Plan which SSE will work with the
community to produce. SSE also have a Priority Service Register.
Jo will speak to SSE to see what they can contribute
AMC to get latest information on Highland Resilience Plans.
Appin is becoming a Dementia Friendly Community and it may be possible for Nether
Lochaber to become involved.
IJ to ask Niall Blair for an emergency contacts tab on the website

AOB
1. Gorse burning on Cuilcheanna Hill to take place soon
2. BT have said they will remove the reel from the burn
3. A82. Kevin Smith and IJ are to attend an Association of South Lochaber
Community Councils meeting at end of January and on the agenda will be
an alternative route via a tunnel.
4. The flower show schedule has now been printed and is available
5. The Community Association is to start a newsletter .

Meeting closed 8.45pm

Date of next meeting THURSDAY 1 FEBRUARY 2018 7pm

Minutes of meeting 7th December 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair Ann Marie Cameron
Lisa Glaze (minute sec),
Also Gordon McIntyre

Apologies Dave Wrigglesworth. Stewart Livingston Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded NM

Matters Arising

Defibrillator

NM to speak to D Duggan for training dates in January

Overgrown vegetation
Cllr Ben Thomson has confirmed that Transport Scotland are responsible for maintaining the cycleway adjacent to the trunk road. The MSP is chasing BEAR.

INCHREE
IJ to set a date for the formal creation of steering group.

Road signs and repairs
Cllr Andrew Baxter is chasing this issue

A82 Participation
Transport Scotland is to be notified that NLCC is putting in a formal request to participate in this forum

Ballachulish Bridge
The works on the bridge have finished but the lights are not back on nor was the cycleway tarmaced
IJ to contact SUSTRANS

B863 Speed Limits
Highland Council are to do a radar survey
PC Itze will meet IJ on site and Police Scotland are prepared to do a high profile event.

Website Archive
IJ to ask Anne MacKay if she is interested in helping with this.

CORRESPONDENCE
In the interests of accountability letters sent out by NLCC are to be appended to the minutes.
TREASURERS STATEMENT
£863.91 in account
AMC to email Dot Ferguson, annual grant has not been received

Vehicle Activated Signs
DW has costed these signs. Funding has historically come from HC

Glenmorvern Pier
Onich Hotel has been advising their guests that they cannot cross the pier at high tide.
IJ to investigate

AOB
1. Decrofting for crofts 19 and 20 has been refused
2. Community donations to be held over until January. A bill from the Community Association for printing membership packs is expected.
3. Creag Mhor Cemetary – SL has received acknowledgment from HC of our letter of application to take over the Cemetary
4. Limescale – it was reported that problems have been occurring with limescale deposits from the water mains

Meeting closed 8.15pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 4 January 2018 7pm

Minutes of Meeting Thursday 2nd November 2017

Present –Iain Jenner (IJ), Colin Campbell (CC), Ann Marie Cameron (AM) , Dave Wrigglesworth (DW) Nicola Mair (NM)
Also –Cllr Andrew Baxter
Apologies –Jennifer Jarl (JJ)Stewart Livingston (SL), Lisa Glaze

Minutes from October meeting – proposed by NM seconded by DW

MATTERS ARISING;
DEFIB – press item been auctioned. AM raised signage of unit as if you were not aware, there is nothing to make it’s location stand out.
Training dates to be organised – ACTION -NM

VEGETATION CYCLEWAY – IJ has been in contact with Mr Kearney (Sustrans) re the continuing issues of vegetation growth and the lack of any sustainable plan to deal with same. He is aware this is an ongoing issue and suggested we contact our MPS.
INCHREE – progressing slowly but good.

ROAD SIGNS; IJ has composed a letter re this problem.

NOTICEBOARDS – IJ and SL are going to try and build 2 x notice boards, over the winter. IJ suggested moving the school site board to the rear of the bench. Costs look to be approx £500

A82 Participation- DW to make contact with Ben Thomson re inclusion of NLCC and community in A82 talks. Also to get us involved with Transport Scotland re any proposals for A82

Fish farm application – letter hs been forwarded to planning and is viewable on planning section.

AOB:
CURLING POND – DW to make enquiries as to ownership of pond. Original fencing still visible and ground very wet and spongy .

POSTCODES – Cllr Baxter informed those present that it would be feasible for Seafood Restautant and self catering properties to apply through HC for a separate postcode which would help with the problem of satnavs taking visitors the wrong way. AM suggested that home owners should also take responsibility for their own properties and have house name signs visible. IJ suggested a list of property names and locations for Ambulance/Fire but they should already have this info from the electoral roll.

Ballachulish Bridge works – should be finished soon and ramp removed

B863 speed – meeting has been held re speed on this stretch of road, traffic survey to be carried out using radar. Also ask HF to consider cutting back vegetation which is obscuring the street lighting making an already dark area darker still.

TREASURER REPORT – bank account £869.91 – awaiting council grant (AM sent paperwork through after AGM) also coming up to donations in December to local groups. AM requested that we increase the donation to Senior Citizens as no funding available from HC.

Website – new/upgraded website is now active. NLCA will have a page also. IJ suggested having an archive section old photos and history items. This is following the success of the Memories weekend.

Road Camera – IJ enquired whether it would be possible to have a live camera feed for certain road corners which cause concern.
Proposed Picnic site – Am reports TECS in FW happy to provide a ‘poo’ bin for dog poo when required for this site
Old Town Bus Shelter – AM contacted Dot Ferguson re this shelter to advise we still would like it upgraded. It is on the list but due to financial limits they can only do a few each year.

NLCA work day – this Sunday (5th) work party at recycling /picnic site for cutting back vegetation.
Meeting closed .
NEXT MEETING – THURSDAY 7th December
VILLAGE HALL ALSO 7TH DECEMBER – 630PM

Minutes of meeting 5th October 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair Dave Wrigglesworth Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Andrew Baxter Kate Ward Diane Baum (Lochaber Fisheries Trust)

Apologies Ann Marie Cameron

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded NM

Matters Arising

Defibrillator

Now installed Lochaber Times to be contacted for photo shoot

NM to speak to D Duggan for training dates

Overgrown vegetation

No response from Phil Kearney

Vegetation at Old Town bus stop still to be cleared

INCHREE

There has been a first meeting of the steering group. 12 people attended

Road signs and repairs

IJ to write a formal letter to BEAR about issues

Noticeboards

IJ is looking into a possible self build solution. Self standing and positioned near benches at school and shop.

CORRESPONDENCE

Notice and map of the 20 is plenty scheme
Reasons for objecting to the fish farm expansion have been received from Davy Gunn (LDSFB)
Also Diane Baum (LFT)

TREASURERS STATEMENT


INCHREE STEERING GROUP

Response from Margaret Muir (Scottish Housing Assoc Highlands) acknowledging community interest in Inchree and asking for suggestions of alternative sites.

IJ to respond including

FC land near Innis an Bhirlinn, behind Four Seasons and opposite mausoleum
Morag MacIntosh field at Bunree
Hugo MacDonald Land at Callart(new houses)
4Seasons
The Glebe

A82

DW to look into making an official participation request under Section 3 of the Community Empowerment Act for the stretch through the village

Form to be sent round CC members and criteria listed at next meeting.

The new chair of the A82 partnership, Ben Thomson to be invited to a meeting.

Speed cameras and a flashing sign were suggested.

LOCHLEVEN FISHFARM

Andrew Baxter excluded himself from this discussion

Loch Leven fishfarm employees have previously outlined the plans for expansion and moves toward organic status.

Glencoe Community Council, National Trust, Lochaber Fisheries Board and Fisheries Trust have objected. Ballachulish CC is commenting on the application. The main objection is the impact on wild fish stocks, particularly in the River Coe.

Dian Baum spoke to the meeting about the concerns of Lochaber Fisheries Trust particularly the proliferation of sea lice.

IJ. To draw up a letter of concerns and put to CC

AOB

There is interest in the reinstatement of the curling rink at Inchree. Ownership to be investigated
There is concern over the confusion caused by our postcodes which lump North Ballachulish with Onich
There is to be a controlled burn on Cuilcheanna Hill
AB has asked for more information on the repairs being carried out on the Ballachulish bridge
IJ/AB to meet Ms Donaldson (roads) to discuss the speed limit on the Kinlochleven road.

Meeting closed 9.05pm

Date of next meeting THURSDAY 2 November 2017 7pm