DRAFT MINUTES – MEETING 6th December 2018

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 6 December 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,,Stewart Livingston , Nicola Mair , Ann Marie Cameron, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Gordon MacIntyre, Andrew Baxter

Apologies Jennifer Jarl

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded AMC

Matters Arising

Inchree Forum
Two members, Elaine Cameron and Jill Morrow have now joined the Community Association Board.

Creag Mhòr cemetery
Malcolm Kinnear has discovered a letter from the Church of Scotland trustees dated 1991, asking the council to take over the cemetery.
SL to chase Dot Ferguson now we have this

CC Review
IJ attended the area chairs meeting in Inverness on 15/11/18. The final consultation will be in May and any changes will take place after the next elections. No boundary changes are proposed. There will be some mergers where CCs have requested it. Youth member and a floating seat for other community groups were suggestions

Schools Reorganisation
Suggestions were a 3-18 campus In Kinlochleven and St Brides/Glencoe and Ballachulish/Duror with a head for each.

North Ballachulish
AB to ask Pauline Donaldson about the removal of the single white line as a traffic calming measure

Operation Cedar
NM gave a report on this traffic operation. 2 speeding offences and one no MOT occurred in Onich. Report appended

Beach clean
CC to move bag to picnic site and email AMC
AMC to notify council
Smaller bags, donated by HC, are now in village hall and will be easier to remove.

Police Officer
The post in Glencoe is being interviewed. Previous officers have found it hard to get accommodation

Water tank
IJ to write expressing community interest

TREASURERS STATEMENT

Current balance £1123.94

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Forest Enterprise Scotland are clear felling at Inchree. SSE has identified the power lines there as vulnerable. IJ will pass on tel.no Of Peter MacDonald if anyone has concerns

AOB
1. AMC enquired as to why the Police liaison was not a police officer. Nicola Mair, as special costable is acting as police liaison with the CC and St Brides PS
2. AB to check planning objection at Cross Cottage as owners are in dereliction
3. IJ to phone Peter MacDonald about fly tipping at Inchree
4. Debris is encroaching onto the Cycleway
5. Following lack of response to problems arising on the A82;itbwas decided to catalogue the problems through the village
SL Village Hall to his house
GM SL house to bridge
IJ and LG Village Hall to Cuilcheanna
AM Cuilcheanna to ferry
Photos to be collected at next meeting and put on social media, tagged Transport Scotland, BEAR, MSP and titled Neglect in Nether Lochaber, please share
6. The speed limit at North Ballachulish is to be dropped to 30mph. It should be in force by Easter and there will be step down signs on approach
7. There has been a visit to the MacFatridge site by the planning officer to inspect the encroachment of materials onto this agricultural land. He has written to the owner.
8. Parking at the school has again been raised at a PTA meeting. A suggestion was made to dig up the Community Orchard.
IJ to contact the headmistress with an alternative proposal using part of the playing field
9. The CA has formed a new board which includes Jennifer Jarl .This May lead to a CC vacancy.
10. IJ has taken a new job this may lead to no chair being available on occasion, if both IJ and SL are not available AMC to call the meeting and a chair to be appointed on the night.
11. AB was congratulated on his stand over car parking charges in Fort William.

Operation Cedar Report

Meeting closed at 8.30pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 10 January 7pm

Village Hall meeting at 6.30pm

Leave a Reply