Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 8 November 2018
Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),
Also Gordon MacIntyre
Apologies Stewart Livingston
Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded JJ
The Inchree group are to join the Community Association and form a subgroup within that organisation
IJ to send letter to Chris Tracey enquiring about community payback
Creag Mhòr cemetery
Maintenance may be HC responsibility
Community council to pay £20+VAT for the search to discover ownership.
AMC to email confirmation of church ownership
IJ to speak to minister about the Community Association maintaining the beds at the front and rebuilding the wall
To be put forward as a community Association activity
AMC to resend to P Devine and H Caplan cc Kate Forbes, Minister and M Mathewson
This has been extended to the end of November. IJ to attend meeting in Inverness
The results of the survey carried out from 26/9-6/10 have been received
DW to ask where the survey was conducted
There is a meeting 14/11/18 in Glencoe of the steering group. Representatives of each school in the cluster group to attend
Annual Grant of £324.91 has been received.
It was noted that this is greatly reduced.
Current balance £1423.94
Donations of £100 will be made to the children’s Christmas party, village hall and Senior citizens
1. From Planning for pods at Carness and change of use at Seannabhaile Old Town
2. Notification of roadworks at Gollanfield 25/6/7 November.
IJ has written in support of the road closure to BEAR and the A 82 partnership
1. LG suggested the removal of the single white line from outside the Old Folks houses at North Ballachulish might help slow down traffic.
2. NM informed that Operation Cedar would be from 12-18 November
Hi Vis patrols would be checking all aspects of motoring
3. FC is clearing rhododendron near Innis na Birlinn
4. AMC enquired on the number of police officers stationed at Glencoe. NM informed there are 3, one officer having moved to Mallaig because no housing was available
5. A ton bag of rubbish has been collected from the beach at North Ballachulish.
CC to move to picnic site for HC uplift. AMC to email HC. IJ to provide another bag
6. Remembrance Sunday service to be held at St Brides Church by the Salvation Army at 4pm to commemorate the centenary of Rev. Railtons idea for a Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
7. IJ to ask the fishfarm about underwater noise in Loch Leven
8. IJ to register community interest in st Brides water tank with Scottish Water
Meeting closed at 8.40pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 6 December 7pm
Village Hall meeting at 6.30pm