Minutes – 7th July 2018

Present –Iain Jenner (IJ), Colin Campbell (CC), Ann Marie Cameron (AM) , Dave Wrigglesworth (DW) Nicola Mair (NM) Stewart Livingston (SL)
Apologies –Jennifer Jarl (JJ), Lisa Glaze Cllr Andrew Baxter
Also – Kate Ward, Linda MacLachlan

Minutes from June meeting – proposed by CC seconded by IJ

NLVH BUSINESS – Kate Ward present to hand over cheque to NLVH following the folding up of the Nether Lochaber Country Dancers bank account and club. Donation cheque was for £464.60 passed to AM for banking. Many thanks for this donation.

MATTERS ARISING;
COMMUNITY PAYBACK – NM has been in contact and they would be able to help out with cutting shrubs at hall and possibly to erect notice boards but would ask us toe make up a list – IJ interested – NM to pass contact number to IJ/AM

KATE FORBES – no reply – IJ to contact again and copy in press/BBC – IJ

Highland Council- request for bus timetable to be erected at Cuilchenna – also chase up new bus stop at Old Town – AM

NLCA NEXT DATE ; next project is tidy up at picnic site -08/07/18

Loch Leven Pods – Through planning. IJ has been in contact with press to provide more information.

Cycle way bridge – Inchree- in for planning

FC response – no reply as yet

AOB:

New Hospital visit – We had been due to have a rep from the working group attend and update us but due to resignation at NHS we have delayed this meeting. Request that a public meeting be held – AM TO CONTACT

DEFIB SIGNS – NM has delivered the signs. To be fixed up near the phone box. She has also noted the id ref number from the defib which are needed by Ambulance. AM to get quote for insuring defib.

TREASURER REPORT – £1164.42 – with 1 x cheque to clear for £65.39
Discussion re donations which we regularly do. Agreement that 2 x groups will receive money and on receipt of grant we will give the other 2 x groups their money. AM to deal.

Inchree – ongoing

Website – new/upgraded website is now active. NLCA will have a page also. IJ suggested having an archive section old photos and history items. This is following the success of the Memories weekend.

HYDRO PLAN INCHREE – no update – waiting got contact from FC – IJ/CC TO DEAL.

SCHOOL HEAD RETIRES– Susan Kemp has retired from St Brides, there is to be a School Cluster meeting on 4th Sept @ 730pm (where?)

AOB ;
BT WORKS – IJ has a letter from BT re fiber optic works onging through village. Letter has been stuffed under door at hall. This is to be followed up. AM to get letter and follow up.

Poo Bin @ Cuilchenna – there has been an issue with the overflowing poo bin at Cuilchenna . Appears to have been resolved with new bin and double collection but overflow is refuse and not poo bags so why are people using it.

SL – Old Cemetery – has been in touch with Highland council re asset transfer

Kate Ward – complaint re ‘new’ Old Town sign and the stress it is causing at this location. AM to contact Bear Manager and Copy in A82 partnership

Linda MacLachlan – Coronation trees – Linda states the trees need attention.. Nlcc have marker signs which need installed also. She was also concerned re the amount of water which still runs from the back of Quaryside lorries heading south.

1. IJ – Show schedule – to go on website
2. IJ – Website – some proposed changes to incorporate NLCA which Niall Blair will work on.
3. GPS APP – 3 words – this is an app which allocates 3 words to any GPS point anywher3e in the world with no two alike. Would be useful to emergency services. Can it be installed on website?
4. Sewage – Discussion re sewage outflows which are still going into Loch Leven as outflows from Dunbeg to Kinlochleven and from Upper Carnoch Glencoe and Invercoe areas exit to loch so water still effected but pollutants which was the main reason for the expansion at the bridge.

Meeting closed .

NO MEETING AUGUST
NEXT MEETING – THURSDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER

Leave a Reply