Draft Minutes of a meeting held on 7 March 2019

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Ann Marie Cameron, Dave Wrigglesworth, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Nicola Mair, Andrew Baxter and Andy Martin (Manager of MOWI Leven Site)

Apologies Stewart Livingston ,

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed AMC Seconded DW

Matters Arising

Creag Mhòr cemetery
Dot Ferguson has confirmed HC own the cemetery.
IJ to contact SL to set up a meeting with her

Schools Reorganisation
Meeting rescheduled 13/3/19 7.30pm Kinlochleven HS
IJ to attend

Beach Clean
Rubbish not yet collected. HC will pick up hall piano if broken up

Water tank
IJ to send letter expressing community interest copies to AMC and GM

Cross cottage
IJ to send AB planning ref. number

Bus Timetables
IJ to buy picture frame for wall of Cuilcheanna bus stop

Sewage Connection
The date notified is 15 March. There will be a half road closure.

Brexit
As yet HC has no Brexit policy

A82 photos
AMC to send to SL to coordinate
McIntyre Memorial Hut
The trustee has notified a problem with running water off the road undermining the building. The problem appeared when streams were diverted to build the new house at Creag Mhor. He has contacted SEPA, Transport Scotland and MSP.
IJ suggested he contact Lochaber Times and the P&J

Car parking at school
AB is to organise a site visit

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1005.50

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Loch Leven Seafood Cafe has applied for a variation in their license to include changes to hours, capacity and off sales.

Cycle Bridge
Planning has gone through
IJ to speak to SUSTRANS
AB to arrange letter from HC stating sweeping of Cycleway is BEARS responsibility

AOB
1. Gollanfield road end is breaking up again after repair in November
2. Inchree Buyout Group is to hold an open day on the last Sunday in April after which IJ will notify HC and there will be an official ballot
3. Marine Harvest have changed their name to MOWI. Andy Martin (Manager of Leven site) attended to give an update. They have been using warm water, wrasse and lumpfish to keep the lice down to .5 per fish. They are hoping to go organic next year. He was asked about the underwater seal scared which is heard by wild swimmers in the Loch.
4. Abbeyfield AGM was held on 5/3/19. There was concern at the lack of notice to councillors and community councils
5. Calor Rural Community Fund is open. AMC to forward details to LG

Meeting closed at 8.15pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 4 April 7pm

Village Hall meeting 6.30

Minutes of meeting 10th January 2019

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 10 January 2019
Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Dave Wrigglesworth, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),
Also Nicola Mair, Andrew Baxter
Apologies Stewart Livingston , Stewart Livingston, Cllr McLean
Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded AMC
Matters Arising
Creag Mhòr cemetery
Search fee has been paid
CC Review
The changes proposed at the review to be sent to HC on 17/1
Speed Limits
The speed limit at North Ballachulish is to drop to 30mph subject to approval at Area Committee meeting on 24/1
AB to ask Pauline Donaldson about costing gateway signage
Schools Reorganisation
There is a meeting at St Brides PS 16/1 AMC available to attend
Beach Clean
CC to remove rubbish from beach and email AMC to inform HC
Police
A new officer has been appointed to Glencoe
Sgt A Cooper has sent a letter to confirm NM as liaison officer and explaining her role. There is now a CC vacancy as NM has stepped down due to conflict with liaison role.
Water tank
IJ to send letter expressing community interest
Cross cottage
IJ sent letter of objections on 29/10/18
Forestry Commission
Still no reply about fly tipping at Inchree
Barn beside sewage works
IJ to contact S MacMillan as site has not been cleared
TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1040.50 with £24 cheque outstanding
CORRESPONDENCE
1. Cycle path Harvey Caplan has replied. BEAR to deal with overgrown vegetation. Their operating companies should clear debris from collisions if informed by police. He believes HC responsible for sweeping (wrongly)
AB to take the reply to HC
2. Cllr McLean has asked for opinions on a bridge at Corran:
-Large bridge to cope with shipping and cruise ships
-Tunnel would be less intrusive
-AB has council approval for a STAG appraisal by Hi Trans for a fixed link crossing
-Barrage idea producing power from the tidal flow
-Tunnel or bridge to be sited at Fort William, not Corran
-Community buyout of ferry
LG to copy list to AMC for reply
3. AMC to contact HC again, bus timetables required for Cuilcheanna and defibrillator sign for shoreside bus shelter
AOB
1. ‘Scare’ children in use in other villages. To be discussed next month
2. High tides have scoured under concrete at Onich Bay
IIJ to take to CA
3. Sustrans liability for Cycleway only 99 years
4. SL has passed on the information from M Kinnear
AB to chase
5. Fort William 2040 meeting in Ballachulish. It was felt that planners had edited submissions including a tunnel at Rannoch. Consensus that transport needs to be prioritised before development. Water supply was also raised.
Meeting closed at 8.40pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 7 February 7pm
Village Hall meeting 6.30

Minutes meeting 7th February

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 7 February 2019

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Dave Wrigglesworth, Stewart Livingston, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also , Andrew Baxter , Gordon MacIntyre

Apologies Nicola Mair

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed AMC Seconded IJ

Matters Arising

Creag Mhòr cemetery

CC to ask villagers for support and suggestions re community acquisition
NLCA to discuss liability insurance
SL to complete paperwork
GM to send SL SCIO number (Community Association)

Speed Limits

AMC to print off and put notices on public noticeboard at school and filling station

Schools Reorganisation
AMC attended the meeting and had minutes.
St Brides is to be partnered with Glencoe.
Next meeting 27 February AMC to attend

Beach Clean
AMC to inform HC rubbish awaiting collection

Police
A new officer has been appointed to Glencoe and has now started

Water tank
GM to find address for IJ to send letter expressing community interest

Cross cottage
Planning in principle has been granted. There was some confusion as to location
IJ to send planning reference number to AB
Bus Timetables
Laura Carpenter will send copies to be laminated and put inside bus shelters. Posters are OK if removed and the go ahead was given for the defibrillater sign

Scare children
DW to ask where speed monitoring took place and why a VAZ sign is not being taken seriously when so many motorists were exceeding 40mph

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1005.50
AMC to send a letter to organisations who no longer receive a donation

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
1. BBC Alba are looking for community events and news

AOB
1. No date yet for road closure at Croft 5 to connect water/sewage
There is a strong smell of sewage in the burn crossing the beach at Onich Bay
2. CC asked if Highland Council had formulated a Brexit policy
3. Photos of the condition of the road have been collected and are to be put on the website and FB
4. Jennifer Jarl handed in her resignation as she is now on the Board of the Community Association . She was thanked for her contribution over the years by the chair. There are now two council vacancies.
5. Concern was noted about rubbish collecting on the Cycleway and water continuously running across it at Creag Mhor
6. Marlyn MacDonald was supportive of creating additional parking at the school from the end of the playing field.
AAB to follow up
IJ to write a letter with MMs consent
7. AMC to advertise the Priority Service Register on website
IJ to get pamphlets
8. Dial 105 is a little known service which logs your location and notify SSE in the event of a power failure.
9. The Community Service Criminal Justice team will build the new CC noticeboard s if given a template.
IJ to contact
CC to enquire about a discount on slates
10. IJ enquired as to expansion and parking at Innis na Bhuilin cemetery

Meeting closed at 8.30pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 7 March 7pm

Adopted 7th March

MINUTES – MEETING 6th December 2018

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 6 December 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,,Stewart Livingston , Nicola Mair , Ann Marie Cameron, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Gordon MacIntyre, Andrew Baxter

Apologies Jennifer Jarl

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded AMC

Matters Arising

Inchree Forum
Two members, Elaine Cameron and Jill Morrow have now joined the Community Association Board.

Creag Mhòr cemetery
Malcolm Kinnear has discovered a letter from the Church of Scotland trustees dated 1991, asking the council to take over the cemetery.
SL to chase Dot Ferguson now we have this

CC Review
IJ attended the area chairs meeting in Inverness on 15/11/18. The final consultation will be in May and any changes will take place after the next elections. No boundary changes are proposed. There will be some mergers where CCs have requested it. Youth member and a floating seat for other community groups were suggestions

Schools Reorganisation
Suggestions were a 3-18 campus In Kinlochleven and St Brides/Glencoe and Ballachulish/Duror with a head for each.

North Ballachulish
AB to ask Pauline Donaldson about the removal of the single white line as a traffic calming measure

Operation Cedar
NM gave a report on this traffic operation. 2 speeding offences and one no MOT occurred in Onich. Report appended

Beach clean
CC to move bag to picnic site and email AMC
AMC to notify council
Smaller bags, donated by HC, are now in village hall and will be easier to remove.

Police Officer
The post in Glencoe is being interviewed. Previous officers have found it hard to get accommodation

Water tank
IJ to write expressing community interest

TREASURERS STATEMENT

Current balance £1123.94

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Forest Enterprise Scotland are clear felling at Inchree. SSE has identified the power lines there as vulnerable. IJ will pass on tel.no Of Peter MacDonald if anyone has concerns

AOB
1. AMC enquired as to why the Police liaison was not a police officer. Nicola Mair, as special costable is acting as police liaison with the CC and St Brides PS
2. AB to check planning objection at Cross Cottage as owners are in dereliction
3. IJ to phone Peter MacDonald about fly tipping at Inchree
4. Debris is encroaching onto the Cycleway
5. Following lack of response to problems arising on the A82;itbwas decided to catalogue the problems through the village
SL Village Hall to his house
GM SL house to bridge
IJ and LG Village Hall to Cuilcheanna
AM Cuilcheanna to ferry
Photos to be collected at next meeting and put on social media, tagged Transport Scotland, BEAR, MSP and titled Neglect in Nether Lochaber, please share
6. The speed limit at North Ballachulish is to be dropped to 30mph. It should be in force by Easter and there will be step down signs on approach
7. There has been a visit to the MacFatridge site by the planning officer to inspect the encroachment of materials onto this agricultural land. He has written to the owner.
8. Parking at the school has again been raised at a PTA meeting. A suggestion was made to dig up the Community Orchard.
IJ to contact the headmistress with an alternative proposal using part of the playing field
9. The CA has formed a new board which includes Jennifer Jarl .This May lead to a CC vacancy.
10. IJ has taken a new job this may lead to no chair being available on occasion, if both IJ and SL are not available AMC to call the meeting and a chair to be appointed on the night.
11. AB was congratulated on his stand over car parking charges in Fort William.

Operation Cedar Report

Meeting closed at 8.30pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 10 January 7pm

Village Hall meeting at 6.30pm

Minutes – 8th November 2018 – adopted 06/12/18

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 8 November 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Gordon MacIntyre

Apologies Stewart Livingston

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded JJ

Matters Arising

Inchree Forum
The Inchree group are to join the Community Association and form a subgroup within that organisation

Hydro Inchree
IJ to send letter to Chris Tracey enquiring about community payback

Creag Mhòr cemetery
Maintenance may be HC responsibility
Community council to pay £20+VAT for the search to discover ownership.
AMC to email confirmation of church ownership
IJ to speak to minister about the Community Association maintaining the beds at the front and rebuilding the wall

Coronation Trees
To be put forward as a community Association activity

Cycleway Hedges
AMC to resend to P Devine and H Caplan cc Kate Forbes, Minister and M Mathewson

CC Review
This has been extended to the end of November. IJ to attend meeting in Inverness

Speed Limits
The results of the survey carried out from 26/9-6/10 have been received
DW to ask where the survey was conducted
Schools
There is a meeting 14/11/18 in Glencoe of the steering group. Representatives of each school in the cluster group to attend

TREASURERS STATEMENT
Annual Grant of £324.91 has been received.
It was noted that this is greatly reduced.
Current balance £1423.94
Donations of £100 will be made to the children’s Christmas party, village hall and Senior citizens

CORRESPONDENCE
1. From Planning for pods at Carness and change of use at Seannabhaile Old Town
2. Notification of roadworks at Gollanfield 25/6/7 November.
IJ has written in support of the road closure to BEAR and the A 82 partnership

AOB
1. LG suggested the removal of the single white line from outside the Old Folks houses at North Ballachulish might help slow down traffic.
2. NM informed that Operation Cedar would be from 12-18 November
Hi Vis patrols would be checking all aspects of motoring
3. FC is clearing rhododendron near Innis na Birlinn
4. AMC enquired on the number of police officers stationed at Glencoe. NM informed there are 3, one officer having moved to Mallaig because no housing was available
5. A ton bag of rubbish has been collected from the beach at North Ballachulish.
CC to move to picnic site for HC uplift. AMC to email HC. IJ to provide another bag
6. Remembrance Sunday service to be held at St Brides Church by the Salvation Army at 4pm to commemorate the centenary of Rev. Railtons idea for a Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
7. IJ to ask the fishfarm about underwater noise in Loch Leven
8. IJ to register community interest in st Brides water tank with Scottish Water

Meeting closed at 8.40pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 6 December 7pm

Village Hall meeting at 6.30pm

Minutes – October meeting – adopted 08/11/18

Minutes of Nether Lochaber CCM, October 11th, 2018.

Present: Iain Jenner (IJ), Nicola Mair (NM), Dave Wrigglesworth (DW), Colin Campbell (CC), Jennifer Jarl (JJ)

Apologies: Anne Marie Cameron (AMC), Andrew Baxter (AB), Niall Maclean (NM), Lisa Glaze (LG), Stewart Livingston (SL)
Proposed: CC Seconded: JJ

Matters Arising:
Community Payback Team: ongoing, more timber requiring supplied and prototype board to be completed, SL & IJ in process
Bus timetable for Cuilcheanna: ongoing, AMC to follow up
Defib Signs for Onich Bustop: ongoing, AMC to follow up for HC permissions
Inchree Forum Group: preparing for leaflet drop and public engagement meeting, no date set as yet
Hydroplan at Inchree: no update from FCS, IJ to write to FCS and formally request prior notification of all future projects in our remit, and updates on forestry work activities
BT Works: ongoing, AMC to follow up
Creag Mhor graveyard: deed search has revealed ownership remains with Kirk, ongoing, SL to follow up
Coronation Trees: ongoing
Cycleway/Hedges: ongoing, AMC to follow up with David Devine (?), IJ to contact Iain Macinnes at BBC Scotland
Cross Cottage Planning: ongoing, IJ to follow up
CC Review: IJ to attend conference on November 15th at Glenurqhurt House, Inverness; online survey extended until end of November, all CC Members encouraged to submit a rsponse

Treasurer’s Report: £1099.03

Correspondence: DW received a response to his FOI re speed limit data; TS position appears based on a survey from 11th-19th December, 2008; DW to challenge the adequacy of this given subsequent changes to traffic volumes and road conditions (NCN 78), and continue to pursue VAS signage for Onich

A.O.B.:
AMC – change of signatory on flower show account to AMC & JJ (Morag Mackintosh no longer involved); proposed IJ, seconded NM
NM – debate over local schools cluster groupings & headteacher management structure to be hosted at Village Hall (date TBC); St.Brides reluctant to be grouped with Kinlochleven campus; concerns over salaries, quality of education; steering group of parents being established.

Minutes – Thursday 6th September – adopted 11.10/18

Present –Iain Jenner (IJ), Colin Campbell (CC), Ann Marie Cameron (AM) , Dave Wrigglesworth (DW) Nicola Mair (NM) Jennifer Jarl (JJ),
Apologies –Lisa Glaze Stewart Livingston (SL)
Also present- Marie Law & Anne MacKay-Boyd (NHS) Gordon MacIntyre

Minutes from July meeting – proposed by CC seconded by NM

MATTERS ARISING;
COMMUNITY PAYBACK – IJ has been in touch with co-ordinator and they would be happy to build the notice boards over the winter.

KATE FORBES – attended the recent ASLCC meeting. Raised concern re community empowerment. Cllr MacLean suggested the Scottish Gov. Create an audit for feedback.

Highland Council- request for bus timetable to be erected at Cuilchenna – also chase up new bus stop at Old Town – AM – to follow up
and
DEFIB SIGNS – suggest they be erected on bus shelter at Onich Store – AM to contact Highland Council re permissions

TREASURER REPORT – £1164.42 – with 1 x cheque to clear for £65.39

FC response – no reply as yet

Inchree – ongoing

Website – info to come re upgrading

HYDRO PLAN INCHREE – no update – waiting got contact from FC – IJ/CC TO DEAL.

BT WORKS – IJ has a letter from BT re fiber optic works onging through village. Letter has been stuffed under door at hall. This is to be followed up. AM to get letter and follow up.

SL – Old Cemetery – continuing

Kate Ward – complaint re ‘new’ Old Town sign – AM followed this up and had the reply from David Devine of Transport Scotland. Although signs are not to be removed they are to be amendned

Coronation trees – Continuing.

Quayside lorries – Nm passed this enquiry to Police Scotland and there is no crime re the liquid expelled from the lorries

New Hospital – discussions.
Marie Law NHS Highland district manager Adult Services Lochaber and
Anne MacKay-Boyd Rural general hospital manager for the Belford Hospital were invited to join in this discussion and thanked for taking the time to come along.

Marie gave an outline of where this project is and the projected end date of 2020/22. Blue prints are available and link will be forwarded to NLCC and can be published on our website. Following the recent meeting there was good local representation and positivity. The site has been checked and considered v.good. Having to look at impact Liberty will have on area as well ie increase of population.

Anne – move still to be a 24/7 consultant lead hospital – challenging time ahead as trying to recruit but hoping that upcoming interviews will prove positive. It is costly covering with locums and what is needed is more General consultant instead of specialisms, but both necessary.

IJ asked if capacity would be same – answer was yes –trying to secure same number of beds.

NM – any paediatric services – NO unlikely – still Raigmore or Glasgow

Helipad- FW covered by dedicated trauma team from Aberdeen. IJ raised locating helip at FW to cover west due to road issues.

CC raised traffic management issues.
IJ also asked about patient transfers
Both Marie and Anne were thanks for all the information provided and they left the meeting.

AOB;
Plaque at orchard – NM reports plaque gone poss grass cutters

Cylce way / hedges – DW raised concern re the shrubs and hedges protruding on to the path. IJ states this is responsibility of BEAR, as per 2014 agreement. AM to write –email to David Devine and others, cc IJ and Sustrans to email.

Cross Cottage planning – GM asked if NLCC would object as a matter of principle due to planning at this site for house. Waste of good croft land and entrance issues along with visibility. IJ to submit.

Community Council Review – IJ creating submission – (will distribute for checking prior to submission)

Meeting closed .

NO MEETING AUGUST
NEXT MEETING – THURSDAY 4th October

Minutes – 7th July 2018

Present –Iain Jenner (IJ), Colin Campbell (CC), Ann Marie Cameron (AM) , Dave Wrigglesworth (DW) Nicola Mair (NM) Stewart Livingston (SL)
Apologies –Jennifer Jarl (JJ), Lisa Glaze Cllr Andrew Baxter
Also – Kate Ward, Linda MacLachlan

Minutes from June meeting – proposed by CC seconded by IJ

NLVH BUSINESS – Kate Ward present to hand over cheque to NLVH following the folding up of the Nether Lochaber Country Dancers bank account and club. Donation cheque was for £464.60 passed to AM for banking. Many thanks for this donation.

MATTERS ARISING;
COMMUNITY PAYBACK – NM has been in contact and they would be able to help out with cutting shrubs at hall and possibly to erect notice boards but would ask us toe make up a list – IJ interested – NM to pass contact number to IJ/AM

KATE FORBES – no reply – IJ to contact again and copy in press/BBC – IJ

Highland Council- request for bus timetable to be erected at Cuilchenna – also chase up new bus stop at Old Town – AM

NLCA NEXT DATE ; next project is tidy up at picnic site -08/07/18

Loch Leven Pods – Through planning. IJ has been in contact with press to provide more information.

Cycle way bridge – Inchree- in for planning

FC response – no reply as yet

AOB:

New Hospital visit – We had been due to have a rep from the working group attend and update us but due to resignation at NHS we have delayed this meeting. Request that a public meeting be held – AM TO CONTACT

DEFIB SIGNS – NM has delivered the signs. To be fixed up near the phone box. She has also noted the id ref number from the defib which are needed by Ambulance. AM to get quote for insuring defib.

TREASURER REPORT – £1164.42 – with 1 x cheque to clear for £65.39
Discussion re donations which we regularly do. Agreement that 2 x groups will receive money and on receipt of grant we will give the other 2 x groups their money. AM to deal.

Inchree – ongoing

Website – new/upgraded website is now active. NLCA will have a page also. IJ suggested having an archive section old photos and history items. This is following the success of the Memories weekend.

HYDRO PLAN INCHREE – no update – waiting got contact from FC – IJ/CC TO DEAL.

SCHOOL HEAD RETIRES– Susan Kemp has retired from St Brides, there is to be a School Cluster meeting on 4th Sept @ 730pm (where?)

AOB ;
BT WORKS – IJ has a letter from BT re fiber optic works onging through village. Letter has been stuffed under door at hall. This is to be followed up. AM to get letter and follow up.

Poo Bin @ Cuilchenna – there has been an issue with the overflowing poo bin at Cuilchenna . Appears to have been resolved with new bin and double collection but overflow is refuse and not poo bags so why are people using it.

SL – Old Cemetery – has been in touch with Highland council re asset transfer

Kate Ward – complaint re ‘new’ Old Town sign and the stress it is causing at this location. AM to contact Bear Manager and Copy in A82 partnership

Linda MacLachlan – Coronation trees – Linda states the trees need attention.. Nlcc have marker signs which need installed also. She was also concerned re the amount of water which still runs from the back of Quaryside lorries heading south.

1. IJ – Show schedule – to go on website
2. IJ – Website – some proposed changes to incorporate NLCA which Niall Blair will work on.
3. GPS APP – 3 words – this is an app which allocates 3 words to any GPS point anywher3e in the world with no two alike. Would be useful to emergency services. Can it be installed on website?
4. Sewage – Discussion re sewage outflows which are still going into Loch Leven as outflows from Dunbeg to Kinlochleven and from Upper Carnoch Glencoe and Invercoe areas exit to loch so water still effected but pollutants which was the main reason for the expansion at the bridge.

Meeting closed .

NO MEETING AUGUST
NEXT MEETING – THURSDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER

MINUTES OF MEETING -7TH JUNE 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Dave Wrigglesworth, Nicola Mair, Jennifer Jarl, Lisa
Glaze (minute sec),
Also
Apologies Ann Marie Cameron, Stewart Livingston, Andrew Baxter
Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded NM
Matters Arising
Noticeboards
NM to contact Community Payback Team to see if they would be able to
help
The project will continue later in the year when everyone has more time. Looking
for community volunteers.
Participation Request
IJ is awaiting a reply from Kate Forbes
Community Association
The formal opening of the picnic site was well attended.
Next activity day is Sunday 10 June- Cuilcheanna bus stop and memorial cross
LOCH LEVEN PODS
Will be coming up at planning next week.
BUS SERVICE
Shiel buses have the emergency contract to the end of August. 90% of services will
continue. The penultimate night bus and 44 service between 16.10 and 18.40 will not be
running. The tender for the new contract is out in July and will start in September.
IJ to send temporary timetable to website
Inchree Bridge and Cycleway
Bear has put in a planning application for the cycle track bridge
IJ to speak to SUSTRANS about camber on Ballachulish Bridge
Dangerous overhanging vegetation, loose gravel and dangerous parking are all issues.
NM suggested phoning 101 to report. It may be possible to continue the green line
around the Bayside corner.
JJ to photograph vehicles parking half on cycleway at the dangerous corner at
Bayside.
Composting Toilets
Ben Starkey has now installed toilets.
FC have not yet replied.
TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1,167.42 in bank
CORRESPONDENCE
AOB
1. A Rep will attend the meeting in July to discuss the new hospital
2. NM to collect new defibrillator signs
3. To comply with new data protection rules anyone named in minutes must be aware
and have given permission
4. AMC to draft a letter from Cc to all residents with vegetation overhanging the
cycleway asking them to cut it back as it is extremely hazardous to the public
5. JJ to speak to the Grazings clerk for permission to cut the grass at the cafe
6. 500 police officer s are to be trained in the use of tasers in the Highlands. IJ asked
NM To enquire over funding in light of funds being unavailable for an A82
investigation team. LG enquired as to whether officers attending the MTB World Cup
at Nevis Range were armed.
7. Fence at Bal Ur playpark has collapsed. NM has approached HC with no result. IJ
suggested sending a photo to the council and Lochaber Times.
8. Hydroplan has been investigating hydro power generation in Glen Righ. We have
not been notified of this, the developer may be prepared to come along and speak to
us. The F.C. will receive rent and the community would be eligible for 5% community
payback. If, at a later date, there is a community buyout of Inchree forest this would
include the rental revenue.
9. AMC to report fly tipping at Inchree bus shelter
10. There is a Highland Council consultation about communities taking over grass
cutting etc.
11. The headteacher at St Brides has announced her retirement. There is a meeting at
the school about future school management.
12. Inchree Forum: a suggestion to approach the Lochaber Housing Association for a
trial site to create allotments as a start was agreed. IJ to notify the steering group.
Meeting closed at 9pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 5 July 2018 7pm
VILLAGE HALL meeting 6.30pm

Minutes of a meeting held on 5 April 2018

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 5 April 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Dave Wrigglesworth, Ann Marie Cameron, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Gordon MacIntyre

Apologies Stewart Livingston , Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed DW Seconded AMC

Matters Arising

Road Safety
A Baxter notified by Pauline Donaldson of the traffic survey results. 85% of traffic is driving at the speed limit @40mph and, therefore, HC sees the B863 at N Ballachulish as unsuitable for a 30mph limit.
IJ to respond

Noticeboards
The first is now built and ready to be installed at the school.

Grant
The CC is itemising admin costs with a view to applying to the Discretionary Fund. To include hall rental and minute secretary.

Flashing Sign
AMC to write to Transport Scotland

Participation Request
IJ and DW to flesh out CC letter requesting participation in future A82 upgrade consultations in Nether Lochaber

Speakers
AMC to contact Jo Cowan

Tree opposite cafe
The tree officer has put an enforcement order on the workmen to adhere to protection put in place in planning consent

NLCA
The next activity day is 8April, working on the picnic site.

TREASURERS STATEMENT
There is £863.91 in the account

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Notification of Insurance with Zurich
2. Resilience funding is available from SSE
3. Planning submission from Loch Leven Hotel for camping pods. There has been a query over access.
4. Reminder to hold AGM date set – 7 June
5. Annual renewal from GRAPL (website)

AOB
1. Loch Leven Planning Application. Concerns include public access to road and capacity of the sewage system.
IJ to write comment to planning
2. Bus service – following the closure of their depot by Stagecoach the 44 service may be run on an emergency contract and drop to a 2 hourly service .
AB is proposing bike racks on buses and smaller buses that orbit the Loch.
3. A puddle is forming at the Church coming from a burn at the back.
IJ to inspect.

Meeting closed 8.40pm

Date of next meeting THURSDAY 3 April 2018 7pm
Village Hall meeting at 6.30pm