Nether Lochaber: proposed community purchase of land in Inchree.

March 2019
Nether Lochaber: proposed community purchase of land in Inchree.
The Inchree Subgroup of the Nether Lochaber Community Association has now been established to gather further ideas and suggestions for the proposal to purchase land on behalf of the local community in Inchree.
The Inchree Subgroup meetings are well attended by a group of Inchree residents and are now on a more formal setting with a chairperson, secretary and minute secretary having been appointed. At present, the meetings take place on the first Tuesday of the month, at which you would be very welcome. As part of the Community Association, the Subgroup then provides feedback to its monthly meeting.
The main focus of the Inchree Subgroup meetings so far, has been to look at ways to engage the community of Nether Lochaber in this proposed community purchase of land in Inchree. To this end, the Group has produced a leaflet about a ‘drop in’ day at the Nether Lochaber Village Hall on Sunday April 28th from 10.00 – 19.00. Watch out for the leaflet being delivered to your home very soon. The Subgroup hopes that on the day, you will come and share your thoughts, ideas and we would really like for you to get involved in any way you can.
If you would like to contact the Inchree Subgroup, you can at: inchreecommunitybuyout@gmail.com

Minutes of meeting 10th January 2019

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 10 January 2019
Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Dave Wrigglesworth, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),
Also Nicola Mair, Andrew Baxter
Apologies Stewart Livingston , Stewart Livingston, Cllr McLean
Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded AMC
Matters Arising
Creag Mhòr cemetery
Search fee has been paid
CC Review
The changes proposed at the review to be sent to HC on 17/1
Speed Limits
The speed limit at North Ballachulish is to drop to 30mph subject to approval at Area Committee meeting on 24/1
AB to ask Pauline Donaldson about costing gateway signage
Schools Reorganisation
There is a meeting at St Brides PS 16/1 AMC available to attend
Beach Clean
CC to remove rubbish from beach and email AMC to inform HC
Police
A new officer has been appointed to Glencoe
Sgt A Cooper has sent a letter to confirm NM as liaison officer and explaining her role. There is now a CC vacancy as NM has stepped down due to conflict with liaison role.
Water tank
IJ to send letter expressing community interest
Cross cottage
IJ sent letter of objections on 29/10/18
Forestry Commission
Still no reply about fly tipping at Inchree
Barn beside sewage works
IJ to contact S MacMillan as site has not been cleared
TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1040.50 with £24 cheque outstanding
CORRESPONDENCE
1. Cycle path Harvey Caplan has replied. BEAR to deal with overgrown vegetation. Their operating companies should clear debris from collisions if informed by police. He believes HC responsible for sweeping (wrongly)
AB to take the reply to HC
2. Cllr McLean has asked for opinions on a bridge at Corran:
-Large bridge to cope with shipping and cruise ships
-Tunnel would be less intrusive
-AB has council approval for a STAG appraisal by Hi Trans for a fixed link crossing
-Barrage idea producing power from the tidal flow
-Tunnel or bridge to be sited at Fort William, not Corran
-Community buyout of ferry
LG to copy list to AMC for reply
3. AMC to contact HC again, bus timetables required for Cuilcheanna and defibrillator sign for shoreside bus shelter
AOB
1. ‘Scare’ children in use in other villages. To be discussed next month
2. High tides have scoured under concrete at Onich Bay
IIJ to take to CA
3. Sustrans liability for Cycleway only 99 years
4. SL has passed on the information from M Kinnear
AB to chase
5. Fort William 2040 meeting in Ballachulish. It was felt that planners had edited submissions including a tunnel at Rannoch. Consensus that transport needs to be prioritised before development. Water supply was also raised.
Meeting closed at 8.40pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 7 February 7pm
Village Hall meeting 6.30

Minutes meeting 7th February

Minutes of a meeting of Nether Lochaber Community Council held on 7 February 2019

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell,, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron, Dave Wrigglesworth, Stewart Livingston, Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also , Andrew Baxter , Gordon MacIntyre

Apologies Nicola Mair

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed AMC Seconded IJ

Matters Arising

Creag Mhòr cemetery

CC to ask villagers for support and suggestions re community acquisition
NLCA to discuss liability insurance
SL to complete paperwork
GM to send SL SCIO number (Community Association)

Speed Limits

AMC to print off and put notices on public noticeboard at school and filling station

Schools Reorganisation
AMC attended the meeting and had minutes.
St Brides is to be partnered with Glencoe.
Next meeting 27 February AMC to attend

Beach Clean
AMC to inform HC rubbish awaiting collection

Police
A new officer has been appointed to Glencoe and has now started

Water tank
GM to find address for IJ to send letter expressing community interest

Cross cottage
Planning in principle has been granted. There was some confusion as to location
IJ to send planning reference number to AB
Bus Timetables
Laura Carpenter will send copies to be laminated and put inside bus shelters. Posters are OK if removed and the go ahead was given for the defibrillater sign

Scare children
DW to ask where speed monitoring took place and why a VAZ sign is not being taken seriously when so many motorists were exceeding 40mph

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1005.50
AMC to send a letter to organisations who no longer receive a donation

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
1. BBC Alba are looking for community events and news

AOB
1. No date yet for road closure at Croft 5 to connect water/sewage
There is a strong smell of sewage in the burn crossing the beach at Onich Bay
2. CC asked if Highland Council had formulated a Brexit policy
3. Photos of the condition of the road have been collected and are to be put on the website and FB
4. Jennifer Jarl handed in her resignation as she is now on the Board of the Community Association . She was thanked for her contribution over the years by the chair. There are now two council vacancies.
5. Concern was noted about rubbish collecting on the Cycleway and water continuously running across it at Creag Mhor
6. Marlyn MacDonald was supportive of creating additional parking at the school from the end of the playing field.
AAB to follow up
IJ to write a letter with MMs consent
7. AMC to advertise the Priority Service Register on website
IJ to get pamphlets
8. Dial 105 is a little known service which logs your location and notify SSE in the event of a power failure.
9. The Community Service Criminal Justice team will build the new CC noticeboard s if given a template.
IJ to contact
CC to enquire about a discount on slates
10. IJ enquired as to expansion and parking at Innis na Bhuilin cemetery

Meeting closed at 8.30pm
Date of next meeting Thursday 7 March 7pm

Adopted 7th March