Minutes of meeting 11th January 2018

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Stewart Livingston
Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Jo Cowan (Highland Senior Citizens Network)

Apologies Ann Marie Cameron. Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded CC

Matters Arising
INCHREE
IJ to set a date either 30/1 or 6/2 for a formative meeting of the steering group.
Ronald MacIntyre, an original director of the Strontian buyout is to speak to the group

Ballachulish Bridge
The number of lights have been halved but they are brighter.
IJ has spoken to SUSTRANS and they are taking the matter of resurfacing forward.

Glenmorvern Pier
IJ to speak to Onich Hotel

Creag Mhor Cemetary
Community takeover to be handled by the Community Association

CORRESPONDENCE
1. SUSTRANS have sent pictures of the signs they are proposing at Corran Ferry re
safety
2. The draft letter to Transport Scotland was provided and will now be sent.
IJ to inform DW

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1302.84 in account including council grant of £744.96
RBS seem to have lost signatory forms so CC and IJ to redo. JJ and AMC still able to sign
cheques.

Jo Cowan – Highland Senior Citizens Network spoke to the meeting
Points covered included a Community Resilience Plan which SSE will work with the
community to produce. SSE also have a Priority Service Register.
Jo will speak to SSE to see what they can contribute
AMC to get latest information on Highland Resilience Plans.
Appin is becoming a Dementia Friendly Community and it may be possible for Nether
Lochaber to become involved.
IJ to ask Niall Blair for an emergency contacts tab on the website

AOB
1. Gorse burning on Cuilcheanna Hill to take place soon
2. BT have said they will remove the reel from the burn
3. A82. Kevin Smith and IJ are to attend an Association of South Lochaber
Community Councils meeting at end of January and on the agenda will be
an alternative route via a tunnel.
4. The flower show schedule has now been printed and is available
5. The Community Association is to start a newsletter .

Meeting closed 8.45pm

Date of next meeting THURSDAY 1 FEBRUARY 2018 7pm

USEFUL CONTACT NUMBERS

This may be a useful page for our residents,

Emergencies: dial 999 for the police, fire and ambulance service.

Non-emergencies: dial 101 for the police and 01382 835804 for the fire service (24 hours).

Benefits or Universal Credit: contact the Welfare and Support team at the Highland Council 0800 090 1004

Council emergency out of hours phone numbers

• Health and social care – 0845 601 4813

• Roads, flooding and street lighting – 01349 886690

• Housing, homelessness, and public buildings – 01349 886691

• Registration Office – 07818 588 203

Trunk road maintenance

• BEAR Scotland – 0800 587 1107

Other numbers

• Gas Freephone – 0800 111 999

• NHS 24 – Call free on 111 if you are ill and it can’t wait

• Police Scotland – 101 (for all services)

• Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – 01463 240999 (24 hours)

• Scottish and Southern Electric Freephone – 0800 300 999

• Scottish Water – 0845 601 8855 (24 hours)

• SEPA Floodline – 0345 988 1188

• SEPA Pollution hotline – 0800 807060 (24 hours)

Minutes of meeting 7th December 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair Ann Marie Cameron
Lisa Glaze (minute sec),
Also Gordon McIntyre

Apologies Dave Wrigglesworth. Stewart Livingston Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded NM

Matters Arising

Defibrillator

NM to speak to D Duggan for training dates in January

Overgrown vegetation
Cllr Ben Thomson has confirmed that Transport Scotland are responsible for maintaining the cycleway adjacent to the trunk road. The MSP is chasing BEAR.

INCHREE
IJ to set a date for the formal creation of steering group.

Road signs and repairs
Cllr Andrew Baxter is chasing this issue

A82 Participation
Transport Scotland is to be notified that NLCC is putting in a formal request to participate in this forum

Ballachulish Bridge
The works on the bridge have finished but the lights are not back on nor was the cycleway tarmaced
IJ to contact SUSTRANS

B863 Speed Limits
Highland Council are to do a radar survey
PC Itze will meet IJ on site and Police Scotland are prepared to do a high profile event.

Website Archive
IJ to ask Anne MacKay if she is interested in helping with this.

CORRESPONDENCE
In the interests of accountability letters sent out by NLCC are to be appended to the minutes.
TREASURERS STATEMENT
£863.91 in account
AMC to email Dot Ferguson, annual grant has not been received

Vehicle Activated Signs
DW has costed these signs. Funding has historically come from HC

Glenmorvern Pier
Onich Hotel has been advising their guests that they cannot cross the pier at high tide.
IJ to investigate

AOB
1. Decrofting for crofts 19 and 20 has been refused
2. Community donations to be held over until January. A bill from the Community Association for printing membership packs is expected.
3. Creag Mhor Cemetary – SL has received acknowledgment from HC of our letter of application to take over the Cemetary
4. Limescale – it was reported that problems have been occurring with limescale deposits from the water mains

Meeting closed 8.15pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 4 January 2018 7pm