Minutes of meeting 5th October 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Nicola Mair Dave Wrigglesworth Lisa Glaze (minute sec),

Also Andrew Baxter Kate Ward Diane Baum (Lochaber Fisheries Trust)

Apologies Ann Marie Cameron

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded NM

Matters Arising

Defibrillator

Now installed Lochaber Times to be contacted for photo shoot

NM to speak to D Duggan for training dates

Overgrown vegetation

No response from Phil Kearney

Vegetation at Old Town bus stop still to be cleared

INCHREE

There has been a first meeting of the steering group. 12 people attended

Road signs and repairs

IJ to write a formal letter to BEAR about issues

Noticeboards

IJ is looking into a possible self build solution. Self standing and positioned near benches at school and shop.

CORRESPONDENCE

Notice and map of the 20 is plenty scheme
Reasons for objecting to the fish farm expansion have been received from Davy Gunn (LDSFB)
Also Diane Baum (LFT)

TREASURERS STATEMENT


INCHREE STEERING GROUP

Response from Margaret Muir (Scottish Housing Assoc Highlands) acknowledging community interest in Inchree and asking for suggestions of alternative sites.

IJ to respond including

FC land near Innis an Bhirlinn, behind Four Seasons and opposite mausoleum
Morag MacIntosh field at Bunree
Hugo MacDonald Land at Callart(new houses)
4Seasons
The Glebe

A82

DW to look into making an official participation request under Section 3 of the Community Empowerment Act for the stretch through the village

Form to be sent round CC members and criteria listed at next meeting.

The new chair of the A82 partnership, Ben Thomson to be invited to a meeting.

Speed cameras and a flashing sign were suggested.

LOCHLEVEN FISHFARM

Andrew Baxter excluded himself from this discussion

Loch Leven fishfarm employees have previously outlined the plans for expansion and moves toward organic status.

Glencoe Community Council, National Trust, Lochaber Fisheries Board and Fisheries Trust have objected. Ballachulish CC is commenting on the application. The main objection is the impact on wild fish stocks, particularly in the River Coe.

Dian Baum spoke to the meeting about the concerns of Lochaber Fisheries Trust particularly the proliferation of sea lice.

IJ. To draw up a letter of concerns and put to CC

AOB

There is interest in the reinstatement of the curling rink at Inchree. Ownership to be investigated
There is concern over the confusion caused by our postcodes which lump North Ballachulish with Onich
There is to be a controlled burn on Cuilcheanna Hill
AB has asked for more information on the repairs being carried out on the Ballachulish bridge
IJ/AB to meet Ms Donaldson (roads) to discuss the speed limit on the Kinlochleven road.

Meeting closed 9.05pm

Date of next meeting THURSDAY 2 November 2017 7pm

Minutes of meeting 7th September 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron Nicola Mair Lisa
Glaze (minute sec),
Also Donald Stuart
Apologies Stewart Livingston, Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed CC Seconded AMC

Matters Arising

Byre at Old Town
AMC to speak to planning officer and ask why stipulation to keep the Byre has been
removed

Defibrillator
IJ to contact Neil Malcolm and ask to install
NM to approach D Duggan for training dates

Overgrown vegetation
IJ will contact Phil Kearney again

A82 SUMMIT
There has still been no response to the communities letter. A formal complaint may be
made to the Minister involved.

INCHREE
A document is being prepared for NFU Mutual to allow CC to cut the grass
IJ to approach FC obout funding a feasibility study into proposals

CORRESPONDENCE
1. A Q and A style document has been received about the new hospital proposed for
Fort William

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£863.81 in account.

AOB
Community Association to be asked to clear vegetation at Old Town bus stop
INCHREE
Target is to get steering groups up and running within two months.
Six people have already come forward, at least four more required.
IJ to contact people and convene an informal meeting before next CC meeting

Road signage and repairs
1. 20 is plenty is facing the wrong way at Cuilcheanna
2. Cruachan/Gollanfield corner has been patched but still causing problems. Stuart
McClean is collecting accident statistics
3. Strathlinne warning sign is unreadable
4. The drain at the old Byre is collapsing again
5. Flooding at Creag Mhor – there are now permanent rivers crossing the pavement
6. New signs to Old Town at St Brides are enormous, incorrectly spelt, obscured by trees,
are dangerously positioned, have no indication of distance and are causing drivers to
take the wrong turning
7. Turning onto the B863 from the A82 involves a confusing and rapid change in speed
limits. There is no indication on the trunk road of the proximity of a primary school.
NM to ask police to make checks between 4.30 and 5.30 in an unmarked car
8. Sustrans is to put up warning signs that the multi user path has very narrow sections.
9. Drain collapsing again outside Old Stores
10. NM to ask police about the moving of abnormal loads during the day

Village Show was very successful, thanks to Ann Marie and her team

Knotweed several areas are in need of treatment

Noticeboards at St Brides has no cover and is not useable for CC notices
IJ to speak to Dot Ferguson about the Discretionary Fund

A82 summit
Donald Stuart informed the meeting that the next steps in upgrading the A82 will be
Tarbert/Inverarnan, then Fort William and then Onich.
Ben Thomson is now chair of the A82 partnership

Meeting closed 9.10pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 5 OCTOBER 2017 7pm
VILLAGE HALL MEETING 6.30pm

Minutes of meeting 6th July 2017

Present Iain Jenner, Colin Campbell, Jennifer Jarl, Ann Marie Cameron Lisa Glaze (minute
sec),
Also Gordon MacIntyre
Apologies Stewart Livingston, Andrew Baxter

Minutes of last meeting be accepted proposed JJ Seconded CC

The AGM was postponed until 7 September

Matters Arising

Byre at Old Town
New planning permission for a house on this site does not have as a condition, that the Byre be
retained
AMC to speak to planning officer and ask why stipulation to keep the Byrne has been
removed

Defibrillator
AMC to give defibrillator and paint to Lawson
IJ to contact Neil Malcolm and ask to install

SUSTRANS
The Community Association has received £5000 from SUSTRANS
Gleaner Picnic Site
AMC to ask HC for a dog waste bin

ASLCC
IJ has written a letter about the sewage system which will be forwarded to HC

COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
The strip of land below St Brides can be taken over, no residents object.
Overgrown vegetation
IJ will contact Phil Kearney to approach BEAR

A82 SUMMIT
Seven Community Council s submitted a letter to the minister for Transport who is to
respond in 30days.
An upgrade of the A82 between Tarbet and Inverarnan to be completed by 2025.
Margaret Davidson,HC, demanded something be done in Fort William/Lochaber.

CREAG MHOR GRAVEYARD
SL has completed initial application for community ownership

INCHREE
The public meeting was well attended and the plans for community ownership positive.
CC to cut fields insurance permitting
IJ to approach FC obout funding a feasibility study into proposals

CORRESPONDENCE
1. Bill from Printsmith CC to pay

TREASURERS STATEMENT
£1028.91 in account.

AOB
A82 Colin’s Corner
Accidents are still occurring despite the new tarmac. Seymour McLeod are conducting a
survey.

Community Association is now a registered charity

Smokehouse in Glenelg owner is looking for premises in Nether Lochaber

Road Safety there is inconsistency throughout the village with regard to speed limits.
The next Road Safety Group meeting is in September.

CCto cut vegetation around Old Town bus shelter

Minutesof Community Council to be put on noticeboards in bus shelters.

Ward Discretionary Fund there have been problems with the form . Other funds that
could be accessed for funding for noticeboards include. Tesco Bags, Rotary Club. AMC to
apply

INCHREE
Next step is to establish a steering group. Probably in two parts
1. Buildings and FC land
2. Housing Association land.
Business plans to be developed and presented to the Community and then a ballot held to
access the Scottish Land Fund.

Meeting closed 8.44pm
Date of next meeting THURSDAY 7 September 2017 7pm